I hate running! Suggestions?

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
79 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 2:07am
via Android

I hate running so much, but I really want to lose 45 pounds in about four months. Are there any alternatives as good as running for such a large goal?

18 Mar
Trying jump roping?
18 Mar
Just like from the show the biggest loser Jillian Michaels the contestant have one challenge train a trainer bob say to them when u train Jillian make her run. When she was running she say to them I hate u guys lol. I don't like running either. I remember I ran a half marathon with my church friends cause that year my church did 2012 we all commit to stay active. My church friends on that day we will cross the finish line together from that time on love running. But in the way back when I use to study...
18 Mar
I started working out in January my overall goal is to lose 50 pounds. I have lost 25 so far and haven't ran a step. Even though I love running it has to be outside and it has been freezing in Iowa. So there are other ways to shed pounds without running. Eating healthy and I do at least one 20min workout 6 days a week
18 Mar
Look up HIITS(incorporate jumping ropes in between exercises)
18 Mar
I agree one of the best is jumping rope
Image_thumb
79 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 2:31am
via Android

I was jumping, but then my rope broke :(  i have been pretty much been doing 15 of cardio per the app and 15 on the bike, or 15 on the bike and 15 on the treadmill 3-4 days a week... I am for sure going to up to 5 days a week.

300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 2:40am
via Android

Walking? Maybe jogging? Hiking? Swimming? Jumping jacks? The list is endless. Just be active, find something you like then the real challenge begins. Eating healthy is by far harder then being active. But with motivation and determination anything is possible.

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 2:40am
via iOS
Arc trainer , can burn 300 cal in 20 mins
Image_thumb
79 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 2:44am
via Android

Lee,
I like the workouts that i find up here. I am just worried that I'm doing may not be enough

18 Mar
What you mean, it won't be enough? Listen to your body. Don't over do it because you can get hurt. Do 30 minutes to 1 hour daily.
18 Mar
Well, I've been told that almost nothing is as effective for weight loss as running, and I haven't been willing to do that, so I have been trying to do enough to match what runni n.g. would do for my body. I am definitely one who knows when to say that I've had enough lol that may be a problem itself lol
Image_thumb
79 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 2:45am
via Android

John,
What is that?

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 4:11am
via iOS
Its looks like an ellitpical but more of a sliding action
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 1:13pm
via Android

Dont run 

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 5:59pm
via iOS
Weight training and hiit training.
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 6:18pm
via Android

(Thai) boxing

Image_thumb
60 Posts
Mar 20, 2014 8:19pm
via Android

HIIT is damn good. Fighting cardio be good for you if you like it. I have a workout that's called Full Metal Champion, 50 minute sweat sesh. You might like it.

20 Mar
Is it up here? I've always wanted to do some form of kick boxing or other.
20 Mar
Click on my profile, goto my workouts. Then created. you should see it. 1st 3 rounds is calisthenics then planks then heavy technique.
20 Mar
It looks awesome! I will definitely have to do this one :) thanks
20 Mar
No prob! Have fun, it's a lil of it all. Do this on cardio days it's a real calorie burner. Play Safe!
20 Mar
I will lol
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 23, 2014 1:48am
via iOS
Have u heard of advocare? A really good weight loss program, the 24 day challenge is what u would want prolly! Let me know if ur interested.
23 Mar
I am interested lol
27 Mar
I sent u a message did u get it?
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 23, 2014 4:14am
via Android

I love running.  Nothing clears my mind more than a long distance jog.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51