via Android

I always eat when I am bored.
How can I stop that ?
I know that is a discipline thing but I can't stay away from all the food
Wich is waiting for me in the kitchen.

I really need help.
Thank you.

13 Apr
I know the feeling. I'm struggling with that myself. If I ever find a solution,I'll let u know
12 Jun
For breakfast try fitmiss delight, it keeps you full until lunch and try eating small snacks so that you're not over eating but you're also not hungry
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Apr 13, 2014 12:49pm
via Android

Eating is never bad if done in a  controlled way. Have smaller portions of filling low GI food which keep u full for a longer time so u don't feel hungry.

572552_100003085566312_517606680_n_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 13, 2014 2:27pm
via Android

I promised my self not to enter the kitchen for one month. So far so good, it's working for me!!!!

572552_100003085566312_517606680_n_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 13, 2014 2:29pm
via Android

Except to prepare veggie smoothies

Icon_missing_thumb
93 Posts
Apr 13, 2014 2:31pm
via Android

I like eating various nuts when I'm bored,  or consume some water.

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 13, 2014 2:37pm
via iOS
Drink more water and you'll feel more full.. Just think about what you're putting in your mouth before you eat it.. You'll realize you're unnecessarily snacking and you don't really want it.. Hopefully you'll just put it down and walk away... If you want to stop badly enough lol
13 Apr
For me, boredom eating and stress eating are most easily handled by creating an alternate habit I can turn to when I'm bored or stressed that makes me think of my weight loss. For example, I carry sugarfree gum, try to hit targets for how much water I drink, maintain a fitness pinterest account and carry a little velvet bag of tumbled gemstones (1 for each pound I want to lose) that I can play with when I'm bored. In combination with writing down what I eat (so I have to pause before eating) I find these help me combat...
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Apr 13, 2014 3:13pm
via Android

You can even take a short walk when you crave for a snack.

Image_thumb
115 Posts
Apr 13, 2014 3:58pm
via Android

Yep. It is hard when food is always available. I always try to not provide any snack so I don't eat much. And keep in mind that seeing food might suggest your brain to feel hungry.
It is best if you have a hobby that distract you away from food. Good luck!!!

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Apr 13, 2014 7:01pm
via Android

Eat healthy - raw fruits, veggies and nuts - problem solved

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Jun 12, 2014 12:35am
via Android

You seriously need to change your routine. First of all, do your best to put away all the foods that tempt you, away! Out of sight out of mind. Second of all, you need to get into a healthy tritone that keeps you busy and focused and distracted from thinking about food.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 12, 2014 2:55pm
via Android

I had the same problem. I used to eat also while I was studying or just simply because I had nothing else to do. The problem is, that even though I'm not hungry or don't feel the need of food, I ate all kinds of unhealthy snacks - chips, chocolate, you name it I ate it..
I felt bad, because I'm the type of person that weights myself in the morning and right before I go to bed. I'm not saying I don't do it anymore, but I'm doing it a lot less like I used to. I tried to distract myself by going out for a walk (by myself, if you don't have any friends that you would like to go out, take your ipod/mp3 player and go alone - you will feel relaxed and calm, it can also help you set your mind up, to think about the things that you want to etc.), I also started singing (in my room) or even dance.
I must say it's a pretty easy start, but you can sometimes just forget about the whole idea, why do you do curtain things, so you might go back to your old habits, but once you have it in your mind, you'll hardly forget about it.
Maybe putting a sticker (on it you write a curtain sentence that reminds you of your habit) and put it on an object which you use daily? :)
Hope this helps. Best of luck

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 12, 2014 3:08pm
via Android

I have struggled with that... My advice to you is take baby steps: First try picking healthy snacks whenever u are bored, like carrot sticks, apples, etc. Every single time you are faced with a temptation you should first reach for the healthy choice and then see if there is still space for the unhealthy alternative.

Image_thumb
137 Posts
Jun 25, 2014 12:38pm
via iOS
I used to do that too. Perhaps you could find something else to do if it is a matter of being occupied. Now if i am board or watching tv i just sit in front of it and do some stretches or maybe some yoga as this keeps me busy. Plus i am determined to get my legs behind my head! Lol nearly there!
25 Jun
My boyfriend would be thrilled if i could get my legs behind my head......

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51