HONEY VS SUGAR

14 posts | Original | Recent

Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
May 11, 2014 7:21pm
via iOS
Healthwise honey is better. But if you tracking calories then I suppose there's no difference although honey does have lesser calories. The following fact sheet proves that honey is better Than refined sugar and has more benefits. The downside is that refined sugar does taste better, according to most people.
Honey
Honey
Sugar
SugarSugar, brownSugar, powdered
Amount per
100 g
1 packet (0.5 oz) (14 g)1 tbsp (21 g)100 g1 cup (339 g)
100 g
1 serving 1 cube (2 g)1 serving packet (3 g)1 tsp (4 g)100 g1 cup (200 g)
Calories
% Daily Value
% Daily Value
Total Fat
0 g
0%
0 g
0%
Saturated fat
0 g
0%
0 g
0%
Polyunsaturated fat
0 g
0 g
Monounsaturated fat
0 g
0 g
Cholesterol
0 mg
0%
0 mg
0%
Sodium
4 mg
0%
1 mg
0%
Potassium
52 mg
1%
2 mg
0%
Total Carbohydrate
82 g
27%
100 g
33%
Dietary fiber
0.2 g
0%
0 g
0%
Sugar
82 g
100 g
Protein
0.3 g
0%
0 g
0%
Caffeine
0 mg
0 mg
Vitamin A
0 IU
0%
0 IU
0%
Vitamin C
0.5 mg
0%
0 mg
0%
Calcium
6 mg
0%
1 mg
0%
Iron
0.4 mg
2%
0 mg
0%
Vitamin B-6
0 mg
0%
0 mg
0%
Vitamin B-12
0 µg
0%
0 µg
0%
Magnesium
2 mg
0%
0 mg
0%

Image_thumb
51 Posts
May 20, 2014 1:14pm
via Android

Good to know, but its more practical to eat smth with sugar than sth with honey, right? There is a wide range of snacks u can eat and contain sugar while with honey nahh

20 May
Many people prefer honey and make their own snacks with honey. My moms makes roasted almonds with honey! It's yummy! Woolworths also started making a wide range of snacks and bars with honey instead of sugar. It's just that because sugar tastes slightly better, many people prefer it.
Image_thumb
51 Posts
May 20, 2014 3:01pm
via Android

Is normal cheap honey healthy, cause i heard they add some sugar to the normal ones.and only the expensive ones r pure honey :/

20 May
lol they add sugar to honey? that's funny! maybe... I'm not sure. I'll go with raw honey to be on the safe side, can't be too sure with these corporations because they'll go to extreme lengths to save money. I'll say do you research and go for the more trustworthy brand
22 May
Honey raw is the best. I'm making fudge with my family this weekend and sugar is not in the recipe. :)
22 May
Raw forest honey although is expensive, it is the most beneficial.
May 20, 2014 3:01pm
via Android

Definitely honey. Don t just count calories, there are good and bad calories like good and bad fats. Count the goodness. Sugar is only a  chemically created unhealthy sweetener. Honey has many good properties. Read up on it.you'll be surprised. If you must have sugar- always choose brown sugar vs white and avoid artificial sweeteners like the pest. Stevia is another healthier option

20 May
Oooh I see.. Will do that research
May 20, 2014 4:17pm

worth researching =)

May 20, 2014 6:06pm

:)

Image_thumb
8 Posts
May 22, 2014 2:06am
via Android

So to have honey to eat, we need bees :)

22 May
Fill me in on the latest news? Are they killing bees now?
22 May
unfortunately this has been a long time problem...and....what kills bees, inevitably kills humans to down the food chain. .... http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/05/15/new-harvard-study-proves-why-the-bees-are-all-disappearing/
22 May
Bumble bees are dieing in rapid rate and experts are not sure why. To help pollen our food bees have to land and carry the pollen to make more. I planted flowers that bees like two weeks ago and bees are coming to my yard.yaaa.
22 May
well, the rapid rate is due to excessive use of pesticides, particularly with GMO crops, which are genetically engineered with the actual pesticide already absorbed in the seeds, designed to puncture the intestinal walls of insects.. unfortunately it has been killing the bees as well, amongst many other things... and .. after long term consumption, the same thing happens to humans... celiac disease.... leaky gut syndrome... just to name a few side effects.. etc. I wish I could grow my own veggies, but I travel way too much to even think about sthg like this. Yey for you regarding planting...
01 Aug
Heidi is absolutely right. You can also look into Food Revolution headed up by john and Ocean Robbins.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 22, 2014 3:25pm
via Android

Bees swallow, digest and regurgitate nectar to make honey; this nectar contains almost 600 compounds. 

Ancient Olympic athletes would eat honey and dried figs to enhance their performance. This has now been verified with modern studies, showing that it is superior in maintaining glycogen levels and improving recovery time than other sweeteners.

May 22, 2014 3:39pm

Let's hope we will still honey supply... with millions of bees dying from overuse of pesticides these days =(

22 May
I drink every morning fresh ginger tea (from fresh cut ginger only, no tea bags) a spoon of Omani honey and fresh squeezed lemon...amazing health benefits. http://www.apinews.com/en/news/item/18442-oman-the-benefits-of-honey
Image_thumb
8 Posts
May 22, 2014 4:33pm
via Android

Yeah i dont have the room for a veggie garden myself wish i did...i shop at farm markets and just try my best to eat better stuff with less pestisides etc...our families ib the 50s started spraying without knowing they were poisoning us that even the soil still to this day has the pestisides from many yeas ago. So sad

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
May 22, 2014 7:31pm
via Android

Try Agave.

May 23, 2014 2:27am

I concur, Agave is another great option!

23 May
Melanie, btw, the pesticides usage and consequent residue in our daily food intake (if grown in US) are unfortunately not originating back to the 50s, but are indeed a daily occurrence on any field growing conventional crops, particularly GMO crops, which represent 70 % of US crops, as they are actually already have genetically engineered built-in pesticides within them, hence the controversy about GMOs (that and many others), linking GMO pesticide laden products with myriads of symptoms in humans such as infertility, food allergies, cancer etc etc. Research 'Monsanto', the main developer of todays' 'Frankenfood' as I like to call...
22 Aug
WoW heidi you are resercher also
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 1:41am
via Android

Honey is a natural healer,you can put some on a cut with a plaster,will heal

Image_thumb
77 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 2:11am
via Android

Honey is better

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51