What kind of eating plan do you guys stick to?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
May 16, 2014 12:35am
via iOS
I've always ate a lot of veggies. I'm not a huge meat eater but I eat tofu and beans etc, get other protein sources. But I recently wanted to cut down on some of my carbs. I got the app. My fitness pal and it says 42% of my diet is carbs, 40% fats and 18% protein. I'm suprised.. How do I even the chart out a little more I'm confused on how to start!!
16 May
I don't eat fried foods,candy ,ice cream chocolate,pizza, alot bread, meat,
Image_thumb
37 Posts
May 16, 2014 7:04am
via iOS
After reading this I downloaded my fitness pal and even though I'm bulking I'm trying to keep the weight off my stomach .. I had no idea how much I was eating. Thanks :)
16 May
You're welcome!
Image_thumb
28 Posts
May 16, 2014 7:43am
via Android

Your can always download fooducate. It shows gray alternatives and what products to eat for vegetarians, vegans, etc. whatever kind of diet you might follow, it tracks calories like mfp, but what mfp doesn't do is show you all the bad toxic crap that is in the food you eat and it also tells you why its b fad for you. You can set fooducate according to your dietary needs as well.

16 May
Thank you I'll try this
Image_thumb
144 Posts
May 18, 2014 6:16am

Hi Nina I'm lacto-ovo veg and it works well for me as a mountain biker and martial arts student. So you seem to want more protein. You might add nuts, legumes and maybe some eggs in. Question for you: over 40 pct of your diet is carbs...what are you eating to make up that 40 pct? Not all carbs are created equal. Some have pretty good nutritional density and other highly processed carbs are just trash. 

20 May
I don't really eat much processed carbs. Does that count towards carbs in a diff way?
Image_thumb
144 Posts
May 20, 2014 5:04am

Hi Nina - If you're eating less processed carbs, it probably means you're eating the better, lower glycymic index carbs...and that could mean you don't have to worry so much about having them be 40% of your diet. If you want info on good carbs v. bad, you can just google it, but I like the way they showed it in this chart http://www.nerdgraph.com/good-carbs-vs-bad-carbs/  Hope that helps. I'm just thinking maybe it's not so much cutting out carbs for you as consuming more protein.

20 May
Thank you, this def helps me
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
May 20, 2014 6:37am
via Android

I found a similar thing when I used myfitnesspal. I instantly increased my protein and started only buying low-fat or fat-free food products. I get my protein from protein shakes, prawns (excellent source of protein), legumes, & fat-free cottage cheese.

20 May
*started only buying
20 May
Oh and nuts!
20 May
That's what I prob need to do. I've always had a problem with protein. I haven't had prawns?
Image_thumb
258 Posts
May 22, 2014 12:25am
via Android

I started veggie diet 3 days ago n iv lost two pounds.  I'm vry excited. My problem was bread mostly.  I eat wheat when I do though.  N when I ate processed food it made me want more.  I'm feeling good about this diet.  I believe once I'm down where I want il eat same just occasional meat.  This is the best diet iv tried though.  With kids anyway

Image_thumb
6 Posts
May 22, 2014 8:36am
via Android

Paleo and a 800 cal on the run. Alternating every week.

23 May
800 cal would be so hard for me lol
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 22, 2014 10:44am
via Android

I started a clean eating plan 8 weeks ago and have the occasional treat. Generally I try to remember - If it's blessed with the sun it's good, if its blessed by a factory I try to stay away from it. I changed my oils, flours etc to coconut and have 3L of water every day. This combined with 4 to 5 sessions of either cardio or heavy weights per week and I am down 12kg. Its been hard but I love all the great healthy things I make now and cant see myself going back to my old lifestyle anytime soon. Good luck!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51