Good diet??

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Jun 2, 2014 4:06am
via Android

Does anybody know a good diet that works if you love food and hate dieting? I have always been on some kind of diet to help prevent heart problems since it is a high risk in my family history and being diabetic is too. With my luck with all these diets I have never lost no weight.

02 Jun
Have you every looked at the zone diet? Its not really a diet, but more of a life style. check it out.
03 Jun
I'd say gradually lay off junk because junk usually have the most carbs that can be easily stored as fat and consume more protein like lean meats, dairy, whey, etc. because protein is really difficult to break down so you'd stay full for longer and eat less, drink plenty of water! It increases your metabolism, keeps you full(but protein does a better job) and makes you feel great mentally and physically, you should not however take too much protein because you need enough to repair your muscles from exercise and excessive amounts gets stored as fat like too much carbs...
12 Jun
You don't need a diet you just need to eat healthy. You can still enjoy your favorite snacks. Just don't binge on them.
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jun 2, 2014 6:15pm
via iOS
Don't think of it as a diet.. Think of it as a lifestyle change.. Limit junk, sodas, & bread. Consume more fruits, veggies, rice, fish, salmon, chicken, turkey, walnuts, almonds,etc.    If you don't like to workout, start off by walking and gradually increase. Also drink lots of water and tea! Both help remove toxins from your body! Hope I helped.
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Jun 2, 2014 6:47pm
via Android

Check this site! http://videomealsonline.com you choose what to eat healthy options but without putting away the flavor of food... I use it my self

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Jun 2, 2014 10:40pm
via Android

It definitely helped. Thanks for the advise.

Jun 3, 2014 7:07am
via Android

Lean meat mainly chicken or fish (salmon is best as fills u up) I hardly ever have red meat, soup made w veg stock lots of veg like beans, celery, carrot,tomatoes, can of crushed tomato, spices such ss garlic, chilli & coriander tastes amazing! For breaky baked eggs w feta, spinach & tomato - saute baby spinach w garlic, crack 2 eggs in small ramekin add feta, tomato and and spinach bake until eggs cooked it is delish n filling. With my family fish I made a great peach, feta n spinach salad w lemon juice dressing

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Jun 3, 2014 12:10pm
via iOS
I used to be very unhealthy, and diabetes and heart disease runs rampant in my family. I decided to take action and break the chain of disease. I lost 80 pounds changing my lifestyle habits. I broke the chain and use my knowledge and success stories to help others around my community and where I work. 

First off the word diet has a negative undertone...you don't want to use that word as much as possible because your subconscious has already been trained to view it negatively. 

Second you need to start making a list of goals that are measurable and short term. The changes you are going to make have to be done gradually because if you try to change too much too soon you are going to end up going on a binge. An example of a short term goal would be..."I will have a serving of vegetables with dinner every day this week". Or "I will switch one coke, juice, or whatever sweet beverage you drink..to water this weekend".  Make sure these goals are realistic, and water is inexpensive so your wallet will also thank you. 

Third, I can't stress this enough...get a set of baseline measurements. Get someone you trust to measure you. Measure your waist, thigh circumference, biceps, BMI, etc. Record them in a book. Lock them in a vault if you must but make sure you retake these measurements at least once every other week. Ideally it should be once a week on the same day you took the original.

Lastly, get some sort of physical activity in. Don't see it as exercise, see it as health promotion. In your case (as was mine) think of what potentially can happen if you don't start taking action with your health. Diabetic neuropathy, insulin regimens, possible amputation of limbs, coronary artery disease, just to name a few. Diabetes causes poor circulation to your extremities so most often feet and legs are common sites of injury. The reason diabetes is so relevant is because people with diabetes don't feel it when they are injured as would someone without it, therefore the site gets worse and worse causing tissue damage that becomes unrepairable leading to tissue death that must be removed.

I know that's a lot of information but message me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Maria

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51