Pants?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
140 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 10:12pm
via Android

I heard wearing the band of workout pants over your stomach and making it stay there while you work out helps tone up that area. Is this true?

16 Jun
deoending on the material
16 Jun
*depending
16 Jun
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Jun 16, 2014 9:21am
via iOS
No? How is that supposed to work? It's not true.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jun 16, 2014 12:28pm
via Android

No. It doesn't make sense.

Image_thumb
76 Posts
Jun 16, 2014 1:21pm
via Android

I think I know where your coming from.

Might work off the same thing as like those african ladies that wear rings around their necks for long periods of time to change the shape of their necks. Therefore some people think tight clothes will make their bodies more toned over time because of the compression.

Theres clothes you can buy that are really tight (compression slimwear or something along those lines) and they make claims to help you slim down faster. Really they are only good for people who need support for example if you have really flabby areas it will help support that or if you have an injury.

They say you could lose weight faster from them because it makes your muscles work harder but really it can do the opposite because it you have less mobility.

What were you told would happen if you did it?

16 Jun
Wow didn't even think of that! However mist of your bones are way to solid to change from something like that, and your body is way to elastic to be effected by compression clothes in any way. Fun fact: you can actually use a corset to push your ribs in permanently and therefore make your waist slimmer ;) (but don't try it at home. It's dangarous)
16 Jun
*dangerous
Image_thumb
140 Posts
Jun 16, 2014 6:57pm
via Android

It does seem like it would limit mobility. Idk i've been hearing people use it as workout advice but u thought it was just a myth to.

16 Jun
I thought*

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51