nausea during HIIT...

2 posts | Original | Recent
9 Posts
Jun 24, 2014 2:47am
via Android

Is it just me? I do about 30 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill every other day, and the nausea does not seem to be going away with time... I don't eat anything for a good 3 to 4 hours before any of my workouts ad I eat relatively cleanly, so I don't think that's the issue...

should I expect the nausea as a constant side effect, or will it go away? and should I just throw up or pause my workout until the nausea fades?

any feedback from your own personal experience would be much appreciated!! :D

13 Posts
Jun 24, 2014 3:22am
via Android

Throwing up during workout is not a good thing, it's your body telling you, you're pushing yourself too much. Don't get confused with all those workout trainers on TV that pushes people until they throw up to correlate that with a "good workout". It makes sense bc when has throwing up ever been a "good thing?" Nausea, on the other hand, I can't really comment on that but to refer you to see the doc. Do you have GI related issues? Maybe in your family hx? Now have you thrown up during a workout? Was it 3-4hrs after you ate, what was the throw up content like (nasty I know)? The reason I ask is bc maybe it takes you longer to digest food, if your throw up has big chunks of food in it... which would mean you need to see a doc to be dx. These are all possibilities, but I don't know your hx or more symptoms, plus I'm not a doc to diagnosis :)... go get checked out so that you can continue to work out! The only time I get nausea is if I don't wait 3-4hrs after I eat.. other than that, the only symptom I feel is burning legs! Good luck

24 Jun
I've never actually thrown up during a workout but I've felt nauseous during an especially intense workout. .. The feeling usually subsides if I take a break for like a minute before getting back into the workout, though. I guess it's just my body telling me that it's being overworked! I'll take breaks in between and see how that works... Thank you!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51