What can I change up? ( Diet tips)

6 posts | Original | Recent
4 Posts
Jun 28, 2014 4:12pm
via Android

So I realize that a big chunk of what will get me to drop the 40lbs that I need to has to do with diet. Supplements are a nice "supplement" but I don't want to kill my liver either. I seem to be stuck. Calories float around 1900-2300 a day (that should be consistent, I understand). I workout four to six times a week. I get a great pump and I know the body I need to be healthy is in there but obviously I'm missing something. Help?

14 Posts
Jun 28, 2014 7:00pm
via Android

Maybe you could get checked for food allergies? Food allergies/intolerances can impact weight.

4 Posts
Jun 28, 2014 7:08pm
via Android

I've never thought of that. Seriously, thanks for the insight.

16 Posts
Jun 28, 2014 7:20pm
via Android

I know it might sound like a pain in the ... But this will pay off if you keep fat intake under 65 grams a day,carbs under 150 grams a day and make sure you consume a lot of protein (preferably 150 grams or more) daily,you will notice body fat decreasing dramatically and you will get more lean.

4 Posts
Jun 28, 2014 7:24pm
via Android

Thanks!  I'll start logging what I've eaten to see where the imbalance is...

140 Posts
Jun 29, 2014 5:18am
via Android

Your calories aren't the only thing you have to make sure they're not all fatty cals and that they have protein to fill you up. I've lost 8 pounds in a little over a month. Here are a few things I eat. 

Pita bread pizza pocket
A big piece of fatfree pita bread ( a lot of it is fatfree ) with fatfree riccota cheese in it (the kind in lasagna) with lowfat tomato sauce folded and heated up for 30 seconds. Sometimes I put tomato slices or meat in it to. Pretty cheap to make and the rest of the riccotta is great mixed up in salad.

Fatfree greek yogurt

Avocados contain healthy fat and are great in salad and sandwiches ( I usually only make my wraps with pita bread)

Small portions of salted mixed nuts for protein and healthy fat.

Eggwhites with rotel or a little cheese

I started mixing lowfat laughing cow soft swiss cheese spreads and relish with tuna instead of mayo. It actually tastes really good.

29 Jun
Oh yeah and frozen steam bags of broccoli green beans of spinach. The kid that are a dollar
30 Jun
Forget about the calories...watch your carbs intake, maybe you are eating a lot at the wrong time, usually you dont need them pass 5 p.m. or 5 hrs. prior bedtime, also you need to watch out for high fructose corn syrup, sugars and refined carbs (usually white carbs) those could be "light" but the truth is they are fatening.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51