2 posts | Original | Recent
13 Posts
Jun 30, 2014 4:09pm
via Android

How many calories should you consume vs. burn in a day when your goal is to lose weight?

137 Posts
Jun 30, 2014 7:06pm
via iOS
You should aim for a defcit of 500 calories for weight loss. So assuming you currently consume 2000 you should aim for 1500-1600 after exercise. Hope that makes sense. Any less would be bad for your health and performance when you work out.
30 Jun
Here's a question though. If I'm breastfeeding and want to loose the weight can I take about 400 calories out?
30 Jun
If you are breastfeeding i definitely would not cut any food out as the baby needs the nutrients. However, i don't see any issue with you working out to make a deficit to lose weight. So eat 2000 and workout to create a deficit. However, you should talk to your GP as i am not a medical professional. Hope your weight lose journey goes well.
30 Jun
Breastfeeding itself burns a lot of calories. So make sure you eat clean and maintain a good amount protein in your diet. Drink plenty of water and workout. There are many exercises for post-baby that help strengthen and tighten the abdominal wall.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51