Don't go on a 'diet'

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
137 Posts
Jul 4, 2014 10:26am
via iOS
Don't diet, just change. The minute you tell yourself you are going on a diet you are set up for failure because diets have to end. Instead just change your life style. I have lost 9lb so far without counting a single calorie. As long as you make healthy choices and exercise you will lose weight. By starting a diet or programme you are acknowledging that it will end when you reach your goal weight. Then what? You put it all back on again. What i am saying is don't limit what you eat so exclusively because you will ultimately give in. Eat a little bit of everything whilst eating saturated fats only occasionally. Good luck sorry for the rant lol, but hope it helps.
04 Jul
Agree! I believe that good excercize is as if not more important than dieting. And it's a lot more fun :-)
04 Jul
agree with you sam..:-) ..
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Jul 4, 2014 10:47am
via iOS
I agree permanent ligestyle changes is what count's towards your goals. Not just for fat lose but for everything in lige. As Darren Hardy said "succes is not a sometimes thing. It's an all the time thing!"
However in don't agree in the statement that diets and programs don't work.
Diets are great for establishing habits. Programs offer an easy to follow guide and takes confusion out of the equation. Just stay away from anything crazy like the "loose 10 pounds of fat in one week" cinda shit.
Counting calories is an easy way to keep track of what you eat, especially fore someone like me who like to eat waaay to much unhealthy stuff :P
I like constant progression. I want to get bigger, stronger and more ripped, so I need those things to keep me on track, and yes i'm always going to follow it as I Will never reach my goals ;)
Image_thumb
137 Posts
Jul 4, 2014 11:00am
via iOS

That sounds great and diets do work as long as you can stick to it for the rest of your life or use it as a tool into a healthier life style. Unfortunately though most people don't. They do the diet to get to their weight then go back to eating exactly as they did before. I did that for the last 4 or 5 years lol. The message is that it is something that you must stick to. :)

04 Jul
Indeed :)
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Jul 4, 2014 1:44pm
via Android

I agree. I have lost 5 lbs so far and don't count calories. I have recovered from an eating disorder so the moment I count calories I set up to fail and relapse. People ask me all the time about diets but will not commit to a lifestyle change. It's just a waste of their time 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51