Snack and meal plan for optimal weight loss?

6 posts | Original | Recent
7 Posts
Jul 13, 2014 12:05pm
via Android

Ok. Cardio, Cardio, Cardio. Six days a week. Check, you guys.

I try to tone and build up the muscle I got every day.

A gallon of water a day. No soda, no sugars, little to no caffeine.

Trying to keep my diet as paleo as possible aside from the occasional serving of organic brown rice.

And I don't eat past six o' clock.

I'm obese, 5'9", and my house scale says I weigh 220lbs(I was at 230.6lbs two weeks ago when I started out)!

How many calories a day should I be taking in for optimal weight loss?

For a few days now I've been taking a pre workout drink and after my morning cardio work out I've replaced a morning snack/meal with a low calorie protein shake. For lunch/dinner it's been chicken breasts, sometimes shrimp, with organic salad greens.

I want a snack I grab an Apple.

I wanna step It up and make sure my body is getting what it needs to sustain it's self and lose the weight.

Am I doing the wrong thing? Am I eating enough? I could really use the advice.

385 Posts
Jul 13, 2014 12:12pm
via Android

Sounds like you got it nailed there!

Eat a little often..every 2 to 3 hours...

The 3 meals a day theory is now old like a caveman and keep total calories around 1500 mark, keep carbs down to minimum...

Piece of toast before burn in your sleep but your body tries to save energy (fat) when you dont get food within a few hrs hence the little often.

But your doing good so be proud and keep going!

P.s fruit is good for you but full of sugars and calories so keep it to minimum same apples for fruit juices...even fresh orange has calories in some case as much calories as burger and chips (or fries if you America)

7 Posts
Jul 13, 2014 12:22pm
via Android

That's awesome advice, thank you! I knew I was heading in the right direction but I felt like some things could be tweaked nutrition wise. I'll be on them caveman hours, haha.

Thanks Matt!

7 Posts
Jul 13, 2014 12:24pm
via Android

Yeah, I heard to keep fruit to a minimum and bulk up moreso on raw veggies.

What are your thoughts on juicing?

456 Posts
Jul 13, 2014 1:22pm
via iOS
Hey Daniela,
Your nutrition plan is good..your going the right way. Yet ,as Matt said ,eat smaller every 2-3 hours'll keep you more energetic & active. Eating more protein will help your body burn the extra saved fat.
However, you started your post with "cardio cardio cardio" ....if you're only doing that, you should consider other workout plans like weighted workouts & yoga 'cause .. Building muscles will make your body a fat burning machin , yoga will give you a nice stretch & toned for cardio, I always recommend running (did wonders with me)
Anyway, your doing lost 10lb in two weeks, think about how much you'll lose in three months..just keep going & best of luck
7 Posts
Jul 13, 2014 3:02pm
via Android

We(have a buddy system going) just started in at the gym this week as well to start working our muscles up and I try to fit in some light yoga where I can.

You guys are awesome. I'm gonna keep it up and see where it goes. :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51