The Need to EAT!!!

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 23, 2014 7:09pm
via Android

Why do I wanna eat so much ever since I started the weight loss excercise programme? Been on it 6days now.

23 Jul
Cuz your body isnt used to burning your stored fat for energy. Whenever you workout your body craves food to replenish the spent energy. Don't give in to the urge. Your body will eventually learn to burn the fat for energy. It takes time. I went through this phase. I got very hungry after my workouts. But now all I have is 3 tbsp of peanut butter and an omelette. I recommend a calorie dense snack like a banana pre workout. And a high protein low carb small meal post workout. The cravings will subside.
23 Jul
Thanku so much Faisel....I thought there was something wrong with me or my body! Unfortunately ive been giving in to the hunger, but I shall definitely try the banana pre and high protein low xarv
23 Jul
For how long were u in that phase?
23 Jul
For about 10-12 days. Do NOT starve! That'll be even worse. Your body will break down your muscle for energy. You don't want that. Eat in portions. At first itll be hard. But once your body becomes efficient and learns to use your fat reserves, you won't find yourself giving in to cravings :)
23 Jul
Thanx so much! I cant starve myself even if I wanted to, the need to eat has me hard! Im glad it will subside hopefully sooner than I expect it will. I feel better now after ur advice. I miss my fab body!!! Lool!
Image_thumb
166 Posts
Jul 23, 2014 10:35pm
via Android

Eating to little will actually cause your body to store fat because it thinks it might be entering starvation mode. Get a good calorie counting app, it'll help you keep track of your calories to make sure your getting enough and not too much either.

28 Jul
Im happy to report the apetite is back to normal! YAY! Sometimes its not there at all.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51