4 posts | Original | Recent
45 Posts
Jul 26, 2014 1:11am
via Android

So there's a lot of information going around regarding weight loss and workout programs that promise to shed those pounds like a snake sheds it's scaly skin.

Often people overlook one simple fact.

Weight loss boils down to a simple maths equation.

Energy in (calories) - Energy out (calories) = calorie deficit/gain

So let's break this down.

Energy in, it's what you eat. Let's say, you have a total of 1200 calories a day.

Next, energy out is the calories you burn in a day. Your body burns calories even while sleeping. So the number of calories your body burns per day when DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is called basal metabolic rate or BMR. Next there is incidental exercise (walking, showering etc). And then there is your workout regiment.

So lets say your ENERGY OUT is as follows

BMR - 1500

INCIDENTAL EXERCISE - 200 (if you're moderately active)

And YOUR WORKOUT - 300 (a moderate-less intenity workout)

So that's a total of 2000 calories And your calorie deficit for that day is : 1200 - 2000 = -800 calories

When you reach a deficit of -7500 you LOSE ONE KILOGRAM. So in less than 10 WILL lose a kilogram.

Of course you can play with the intensity of your workouts and eat smarter to create a larger deficit per day. But that's upto you.

So there you have it. A little bit of knowledge that'll help you focus your efforts instead of blindly chugging down diet shakes or hitting the gym for hours on end.

26 Jul
Use this link to calculate your BMR (People who are overweight have higher BMR than people who are in shape) And remember, even without working out you WILL have a deficit of atleast 400 calories IF you eat healthy and in portions. Cheers :)
27 Jul
Nicley put
14 Posts
Jul 26, 2014 3:09am
via Android

Used the link very helpful :-) Thanks

26 Jul
Must be reassuring now, isn't it? Haha you're welcome :)
45 Posts
Jul 26, 2014 3:07pm
via Android

Also, you guys can download NOOM COACH or a similar app to keep track of your calorie intake. So you're conscious of what you eat.

9 Posts
Jul 26, 2014 6:48pm
via Android

Thanks for the infoo   . I needed that lol I excercised half if last month and half of this month including a diet. And I lost 22 lbs. But these past week I havnt excercised at all but I still diet. Do u think ill still keep losing weight. ?

26 Jul
I'm pretty sure your will. Although not as fast as you would if you worked out too :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51