Calorie intake

2 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Jul 31, 2014 9:58am
via Android

I never hit 1000 calories in a day and weight doesn't seem to budge much :( x I no its what you eat and not how much but does anybody think my metabolism is to low now ? X

31 Jul
Does that mean you never eat a 1000 calories/day? That'll slow your metabolism down and anyone remotely active needs at least 1500/day
31 Jul
I'm just such a fussy eater and with my job I have to eat on the go ! I make up for some with protien shakes but I'm struggling to get more in without eating more carbs which I don't really want to do x
31 Jul
I go to the gym 4 days a week so I'd say I'm active enough it's the diet I think
31 Jul
You need carbs for energy so you perform your best and you should focus on good carbs from veggies, steel cut oats, etc
385 Posts
Jul 31, 2014 10:30am
via Android

Thats why you're not budging...

1000 is not enough calories your body will be in starvation mode keeping hold of as much fat as it can thinking its saving your life...

You want to increase your intake to around 1500 minimum even at 1700 you will loose weight...spread in small portions throught the day...

Around 6 meals a day is now considered best...cavemen didnt sit down and eat 3 meals a day and evolution hasnt changed much in a hundred years..some wasnt that lucky 50 years ago!

Dispite how humans live now and in past hundred or so years. .for millions of years we didnt have food as often so we are not setup for modern lives with plenty full food...which is why there are so fat people in the world.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51