205 pounds 5'5 please help I need advice

13 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 5, 2014 8:23pm
via iOS
hello
I'm in desperate need of losing weight I think about Exercising on a daily basis but I never seem to get up and do it! I weight myself every morning to make sure I don't gain more then what it said the day before. And if I do I'm in a depressing mood all day.. I over eat mostly around the evening time after 9pm. It's hard for me to eat healthy when I have an over weight mom and dad who buys nothing but junk food and little brothers and sisters who prefer to eat microwaveable food then a cooked meal. My boyfriend is extremely attracted to me, but most of the time I tend to treat him like crap because of my own insecurities I hate the body I've created. I need motivation and I need to feel confident enough to set foot in a gym. I just need help all togather
05 Aug
I feel that. Im in the same position. I have just started in small ways. Like drinking green tea and water or infused water. Cut out sodas. I have the problem with working out I think about it all the time... butt don't. I think if I had someone to workout with or just go walking with would motivate me. But I like your status bc I'm the same. I over eat and dont ever exercise even when I think about it.
05 Aug
Watch your intake and do Tabata, HIIT cardio workouts... Maybe u should workout with your boyfriend:-)
05 Aug
I think that you should have confidence for yourself. But if you need someone for motivation you can ask your boyfriend that you want to change your lifestyle. If he doesn't support you all the way you have people here that would support you no matter what. I believe you should have a fruit after 7pm. For workouts you should start with cardio and a bit of weigh lifting.
06 Aug
I've been in the same situation before, finding something to motivate myself. Now if your having a touch time then start small eating and drinking healthier is important. You would be surprise how much change can happen just by not eating fast food or drinking pop. Dont worry to much when going to the gym, everyones there for the same reason and thats to get healthier. If your not happy with how you look, take a picture of yourself in a bathing suit or something and hang it up in your room and say to yourself im never going to...
13 Aug
Girl you better do you're if you whant to feel good in you're skin .and look nice at the beach/pool
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 5, 2014 8:49pm
via Android

I don't know how much this is of use to  u but honestly I think that u don't need help from anyone but what u need is confidence in yourself and willpower. U need to know that no matter how much people advise u or motivate u in the end the only person that can create willpower is yourself. U don't need to listen to any negativity and stop being so self conscious just take a deep breath and start exercising and hopefully in a month's time u will be closer to where u want to be. I'm not a saint of some kind but please believe in yourself and depend on yourself Cz u have to fix the issue at hand. So just start exercising and do what u feel is right.

05 Aug
Start off with something like cutting out soda and go for daily walks. That's what I did. Taking that sugar out of your diet will really help with your weight loss. Just drink water, I infuse mine with cucumber, lemon, lime, fruits and such so I can have a little flavor when I get tired of plain water. Also drink a glass of water before you eat, it'll help with filling you up some so you can start with prion controlling your meals. Once you start getting more active, you'll get the motivation to do more and push yourself :)...
13 Aug
I agree with Ammar.. U are ur self motivator. Don't plan much & just do what u have to do.....NOW
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 5, 2014 11:39pm
via Android

Start off small. Thats what i did. Set a goal of just a 5 minute walk everyday. Just 5 minutes. After awhile it will get easier and easier & u will want to walk. Then increase it gradually. Plus give urself 1 dy off a wk. That way if u miss 1 day u wont b too hard on urself. This is what i did & im down 2 pant sizes. Ask ur lil bro or sis to go w u so after awhile they will expect it & it will hold u accountable & help encourage u to go. When i started i was only 10 lbs lighter than u & im an inch taller. So i kno exactly where u r starting from. Also cud u ask ur parents to buy sum fruit for u? Good luck & best wishes!

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 5, 2014 11:53pm
via Android

I'm the same way about the gym. Start with using this app at home. Friend me if you want for support. I created a bunch of short but effective workouts based on personal training I've had and articles I've read... they're challenging but don't involve lots of jumping. If you're heavy it's too much on the knees so I limit them. What else? Oh I have an awesome boyfriend who is WAY into me as I am but he is very much into lifting weights and we workout together sometimes. It's helpful. He wants me to be happy and achieve all my goals-- even if it means my butt might shrink lol

Lastly, eat healthier. If that means buying fish and veggies instead of mani pedis then sobeit. That's my trade off. I do my own nails and put money aside for protein mix and healthy snacks for the week just for me. Start small if you have to. The nutrition is the biggest part.

06 Aug
Don't think about working out. Just turn on the music and dance, that will give you energy to keep going.
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 6, 2014 2:15am
via iOS
So I just took one step by signing up for The YMCA i love this place because theres people all shapes and sizes and I'm less intimidated by what people might think for example L.A fitness. I get one week free to try everything out .... Thank you everyone who took the time to help me out sometimes hearing it from different people helps.  

Anyways I'm going to Join a dance class while I'm attending I'm excited!  
06 Aug
Well that's good for you! Hope the YMCA works out for you.
06 Aug
Hi buddy. I just wanted to say that ask your self that realy you want it. A body that you dreaming and if yes then get up and started from little. And keep going and satisfy your self by resul you seen on you
06 Aug
Thank you :)
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 6, 2014 6:17pm
via iOS
Question what's a good energy booster for the morning? I'm trying to cutt down on coffee soda and energy Drinks? Energy drinks give me so much energy I'm kind of looking for somthing that would give me the same kind of boost but somthing healthy and it won't Give me a crash later. I tend to get the most tired around 2pm and I'm tired the rest of the day. Any tips?
06 Aug
I also tend to get mood swings so I go for energy drinks to keep me going. Weird to say this... But I think they make my mood better? I'm more happier. Mom says I might be lacking some kind of vitamin?
06 Aug
Have an awesome recommendation on an energy drink that gives you no crash, jitters, sugar free. Filled w/vitamins & amino acids.
06 Aug
Cindy you have to tell me please
06 Aug
Are you in the U.S.?
06 Aug
Yes California :)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 13, 2014 12:42am
via Android

Hi!! I am new on this app and after reading the comments I would love to know how are you doing?  Have you lost any weight yet?  I hope you are doing ok.  I also want to loose weight.  I weight 230.  I am feeling motivate after reading your posts.  I see others have been in the same situation I am and have successed.  I would like to be you weight lost budy so we can motivate each other if it is ok with you. Wish you luck!!!

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 13, 2014 2:54am
via Android

I am going to the same situation that you are well maybe not exactly the same but almost maybe we could be weight loss buddies motivate each other and help each other get through this message me if you like

13 Aug
You go girl a nice looking face has to have a nice body ?
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Aug 19, 2014 5:46am
via iOS
Tea!!! I use the herbalife yea in the mornings. Or green tea as well.
Image_thumb
70 Posts
Aug 19, 2014 7:25am
via Android

Hey girl... As we always say try to get your diet as good as possible. Talk with your parents and if that doesn't help try buy your own food if possible. Diet is the most important thing. Even try lowering the amount of food you eat but of course don't starve yourself.

As for exercise just try walks or runs a few times a week or even some toning exercises. Doesn't have to be hard or every day just a few times a week. I highly recommend walks or runs.

Try not to weigh yourself everyday as weight fluctuates a lot. Just weigh once a week to see your progress.

Hope I could help a lil.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 19, 2014 7:36am
via Android

I don't know if I can help you. You seem almost desperate to lose weight in a hurry.  It won't happen overnight first off. Second, I can give you all the advice possible but untill you are ready, you're not going to do anything about it. Let me tell you about me.  I am a single mom to a five year old little girl. I also am 5'5". I weigh 226 lbs. In Jan.  2013 I weighed 255 and I had had enough. As a personal challenge I gave up soda for Lent. I lost almost fifteen pounds. That's what kickstarted it for me. I challenged myself. That's your first step. Challenge yourself to do something better. Wether it's drinking more water, eating more fruits and vegetables or giving up soda. Next I gave myself a goal. A friend told me about a 5K that sounded really fun. It was the Dirty Girl Mud Run. I'm not a runner so I had to work up to it. I found an awesome Couch to 5K app that worked wonders. After several false starts I finished my first 5K last weekend.
That's your next step- give yourself a goal- but make it a realistic one. Once you accomplish that goal give yourself a new one. And then repeat. It's all about setting realistic goals for yourself. But remember what I said: all the advice in the world isn't going to help you if you are not ready. You have to help yourself. Good wishes!

Image_thumb
209 Posts
Aug 22, 2014 3:32am
via iOS
I'm everyone feels this way. But you have to find out what works for you. Always drink plenty of water. A healthy breakfast in the a.m.   If you're a morning start off slow grab some earphones with music and hit the treadmill . I myself started off walking or doing short workout on here in the a.m. and a little in the p.m.  at least 10 minutes to a hour Monday through Thursday and I dropped my weight. I went from 253 to 206. Now I'm bk at 238 and hearing to drop down to 180. You just gotta really want it! Hope this helps!
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 22, 2014 5:12am
via iOS
Hey everyone!! Good news since I joined the YMCA ive lost a total of 4.6 pounds I've been going 6 days a week 1 hour a day I also have a nutrisnist and personal trainer who helps me  my Calorie intake is 1400 a day and I burn aprox 400-800 calories in a workout 

Somthing I learned that was preety cool People burn calories even when They don't workout! Just your every day living work/school/sitting/laying down Ect.  I know there is a specific name for it but  I forgot ...for instance I burn 1,040 in one day without any type of exercise. Cool huh? Thought I'd share but I'm preety sure you all already know that 

Just want to say you guys are my motivation☺️     

Oh and I just ate 4oz of mixed fruit right now it was Delish

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51