Excess skin but young!

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
137 Posts
Aug 6, 2014 1:04pm
via iOS
Now i know i am only 22 and i'm sure my skin will sort itself out eventually. But i have a tiny bit of excess skin over my abs. It isn't really noticable as you can see from my pictures but i know it is there and is stopping my abs from coming through. Does anyone know anything to speed up the process of skin tightening? I should also say that i have lost weight quickly. (22lbs in about 6 weeks) Thanks .
06 Aug
You are super young and super healthy I would try toneing workouts for a few weeks. then if it's still there console a dermotologist or PD
06 Aug
Will do thank you. :)
10 Aug
You can loose weight faster than your skin tightens...pure and simple, it just needs a few months to catch up..nothing drastic is needed just a little time :-)
10 Aug
So a little trick I did in my martial arts class that helps out a ton in the long run. Every exercise you do, firstly, make sure each motion is precise and properly done, second, always keep your mind on keeping your abs tight. Control your breath with each workout, every time you exhale, flex your abs, it adds that extra to help them form.
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Aug 6, 2014 1:19pm
via Android

Your skin can take a few months to adjust and shrink there are things that people claim can tighten skin like skin wrapping but very little will work in all honesty. Let nature takes it course.. I've tried it yes I know im a man etc.

Excess skin is usually confused with fatty skin...if the skin is a few millimetres thick then its excess skin anymore than that vand its fatty skin...

Doesn't mean your fat in anyway way or form...humans are supposed to have that...its not really natural to have abs on show...just like glutes! Its a fashion thing more than a health thing.

If you decrease your fat ratio more then the fatty skin will decrease and in time the skin will shrink back more and while thats happening naturally you can work on leg raises and airbike to increase ab muscles giving them a more definded look. 

06 Aug
Great reply. Thank you :) i will take your advice and continue to work on my abs and let time take it's course. I think there probably is still a bit of fat in there lol. Thank you!
06 Aug
Welcome as always..your doing great and looking great btw :-)
300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Aug 6, 2014 10:25pm
via Android

So what's your secret for the 22lbs. In 5 weeks weight lose?

07 Aug
22lb in 6 weeks lol
Image_thumb
137 Posts
Aug 7, 2014 9:00am
via iOS
Not sure really. I eat about 1200cals a day and do about 30mins cardio and 10mins muscle exercises. I have recently started having a fast day once a week where i would just have one meal in that day. It keeps the body guessing. However it is a bit frustrating because my weight loss is starting to slow down. Currently weigh 111.4lbs from 135lbs so i guess my body is saying it has had enough if losing weight lol. I am trying to find ways to trick it into shedding just a tiny bit more lol.
10 Aug
Isn't fasting bad? Messes with your metabolism. Maybe pop a multi vitamin pill or something.
Image_thumb
48 Posts
Aug 9, 2014 4:04am
via Android

Switch your routine....try swimming for some days...

300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Aug 10, 2014 3:21am
via Android

I really don't want to say this but I'm going to anyways.

Competitive weight lifters what they do for muscle definition they deplete themselves from water before they go up on stage. I'm not a doctor (lol) but I would say this is extremely dangerous because most of our body is water.

I'm just saying.

10 Aug
Samantha, I'm not giving you any ideas. Don't do anything crazy.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51