How do i lose these fat arms ?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 11, 2014 3:42am
via iOS
I have fat arms and afraid to do weight training as i think they may get bigger any advise pretty plz ?
11 Aug
REALLY IMPORTANT is watching your food intake .....an doing HIIT, Tabata, cardio workouts....
Handley_portrait_thumb
19 Posts
Aug 11, 2014 4:47am
via Android

It is difficult to target weight loss in a certain area of the body, our bodies just sometimes do what they want. General weight loss exercises should help with fat loss. Arm exercises would probably do more help than harm!

12 Aug
Thnkx
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 11, 2014 7:23pm
via iOS
Ok thnks
Icon_missing_thumb
37 Posts
Aug 11, 2014 8:42pm
via Android

Thinking that you're going to get bigger arms (or whatever body part you'd like to work on) by targeting said body part is a common misconception.  An overall cardio workout is great for overall fat loss but I would also work on upper body weight training as well.  Use dumbbells to start working out your arms. There are a number of great dumb bell programs on this app (I actually did one today and got a great workout from it)  You're not going to build muscle or bulk up your arms until you lose the fat, so don't worry about that.  Good luck!  

11 Aug
Yea i was worried id bulk up ..thnks for ur advise
11 Aug
You're welcome! Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions as you go. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here to help over advice, guidance and motivation along the way. :)
Image_thumb
140 Posts
Aug 12, 2014 7:31am
via Android

Ive been doing the strong inner warrior workout on here with small 2 1/2 pound weights and it's been working great. It gives you a bit of cardio from moving your arms a lot while toning them. Also you might even have less soreness and pain in your back if you do it a few times a week :)

12 Aug
Thanks gonna check it out
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 12, 2014 2:24pm
via Android

You can't spot treat any part of your body, to lose weight you have to work your whole body. Use multiple muscles while your working out. Use your bigger muscles more to burn more calories, and keep your heart rate up.

Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Aug 20, 2014 12:49pm
via Android

I wouldnt be worried about your arms getting bigger from weight lifting. Fat is stored in muscle so when you go to build muscle you will burn fat to. So go get into some basic lifting it will help. But eat good or you'll just be wasting time

Image_thumb
122 Posts
Aug 20, 2014 3:15pm
via Android

Good advice by pretty much allKeep at it

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Aug 21, 2014 6:59pm
via Android

Cardio makes you lose overall body fat.toning up your arms would require some weights.good luck

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51