Pull ups

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Aug 15, 2014 6:36am
via Android

I tried to do a pull up but all I didn't have the strength for it. What excercises would help me?

Image_thumb
512 Posts
Aug 15, 2014 11:38am
via Android

Try to do pull-ups with your legs still on the ground. For example under a table.

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Aug 15, 2014 12:23pm
via Android

Back And biceps are the main muscles involved.  So if you have access to a gym; Bicep curls,  curl to shoulder press,  lat pull down.  Bent over rows will all help.  Do 5 sets of 5 to increase strength.  And keep trying.  Do assisted Pull ups where you are not pulling up your whole weight,  and try just hanging from the bar to increase grip strength.  Good luck!

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Aug 15, 2014 6:27pm
via Android

Inverted rows, negative pull ups, assisted Pull ups- using resistance bands or a chair  what really helped me was losing extra weight an consistency keep at it

15 Aug
Everything Henry said, plus you can also hang on pull up rod for as much time as you can. It worked for me
17 Aug
I'm in the same boat, I workout most days n still can't quite manage a pull-up without any assistance on the pull-up machine, so iv started doing chin ups(assisted) as they are meant to be a great starting point to build upper body strength n a stepping stone to the almighty pull up!! Hopefully this might just work for us both. Fingers crossed n good luck check x
17 Aug
What is a pull up machine?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51