opinions

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Sep 6, 2014 5:05pm
via Android

i am stuck in between a rock and a hard place, abs or bulk, i recently had time off gym and time off clean eating so i gained some fat and lost strengh so when i started back up again i started with a cutting cycle because i still had most of my musscle mass just also unwanted fat, so i got my diet on check, routines, daily cardio, correct supps and everything is going perfect im droping about 3-4kg a week and really seeing muscle definition again so heres where the wall i just hit comes in, if i keep going on this diet and heavy cardio i will see abs ect in a few weeks but because im droping 3kg a week im lossing bulk and i really want to change my diet to bulking and lift heavy,

so the question is abs or mass?, lean or bulk?, obliques or delts?

06 Sep
I have been wondering the same thing for myself. I am currently trying to maintain my current strength while trying to slim down and get abs. It's hard to figure out.
07 Sep
That's too much to be losing a week
16 Sep
Did you know you are too sexy and hot
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 9:08am
via iOS
Slow Down. Don't ruin your body.
AIM to loose 1-2 pounds a week, and when you get lean blok back up while gaining 0,5-1 pound a week :)

Hope it helps :)
Image_thumb
33 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 1:18am
via Android

i can see with the comments i got that i did not explain my weight loss properly, before having my recent break i weigh 89kg-91kg (200.6lbs) with about 10%-12% bodyfat than i had six months of no gym and bad food so i gained fat and lost a little muscle i was up to 96kg (211.6lbs),

since i started back at gym ( 5 weeks ago) i have been weighing myself as i leave gym before i get my gains so i can see my fat loss without the muscle gains, so thats what i meant by saying droping 3-4kg (8.8lbs) but gaining muscle at the same time about 2-3kg (6.6lbs) so at the end of the week i was only losing about 1-2kg (4.4lbs) but with a fat drop of 4kg (8.8lbs)

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 8:43am
via iOS

Ehm no. First of all. After 6 months almost all your muscles are gone, but don't worry. Broscience says they retten faster Then the first time.

But even Then you cant gain 2-3kg of muscle in 1 week. Even as a beginner there have trained before you should be very very happy to gain 0,5kg a week and that's on a Heavy bulk.

The fact that you tell me that you weight yourself after your workout and is in a caloric deficit tells me that it's glycogen and water weight.

You are probably closer to 1kg a week (+-0,5) 

It's better to weigh yourself in the morning before you eat/drink and after you went to the bathroom. As weighting yourself after your workout says nothing of anything.

Or even better. Measure your weast. This Will tell you how much pure fat you lost :)

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 9:59am
via Android

thank you for your advice and opinions but please dont say things like cant :)
i do weight myself in the morning before eating once a week, i also take all my messurments weekly, i have a weekly meeting with my dietitian and she gets my weight and bmi and body fat %, i was just saying when i go to the gym for a fat burning cardio sesh i weigh myself before and after lifting and cardio before gains are made just to see the water weight/fat drop,

also when i stoped gym and diet i did not lose much muscle mass ( yes i lost some) because i stayed active and did not stop lifting (at home i have dumbbells, barbells, dip belt and all kinds of equipement)

and with the muscle gains i did not tell you my diet, my supps, my height, my age, my genes or my routine so dont say "cant"

good advice and opinions though thank you.

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Sep 16, 2014 5:44am
via Android

Mass delts bulk

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51