Why am I stuck?!

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Sep 17, 2014 1:36pm
via Android

Why am I stuck between 4lbs?! Up and down up and down. Almost 3 weeks of non stop working out. Daily calories lost give or take is 500-800+ in three weeks. I drink only water and green tea. I make better food choices. Yes some days I do fall off. But most time I do good. But its annoyingly going up and down with these 4lbs.. which I am wondering afet I lose the 4lbs will I be smoother? Idk. But its discouraging..

17 Sep
you have hit a plateau, the fastest way to get away from the dormant period you have hit where it is hard to make gains or loses is to increase your carbs before and after gym, the carbs themselves will not help you get off your plateau but will give you the extra enrgy to change your routine which is the next step to finding new gains or loses, so ill quickly recap back to carbs the information i will give you here is only to help you with you plateau in the gym what you eat at home day...
17 Sep
Nice. Only difference is I use hemp protein. Super easy for your body to digest and its full of omega 3
17 Sep
Increase the intensity of your workouts if you don't think your diet is playing a role in the lack of progress
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 17, 2014 2:31pm
via Android

From what I know you are replacing fat with muscle so your weight will be up and down. Calories are important but other nutrients are too like protein which help build and heal muscles.  Don't get stuck on the scale but on your ultimate goal if you constantly keep weighing yourself you will lose focus and motivation. If weight loss is your goal lots of green veggies and low sugar fruits.  Try to stay away from rice, breads anything that is starchy and floury, these turn into sugar than fat . Anyway good luck :)

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Sep 17, 2014 2:40pm
via Android

Thanks!

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Sep 17, 2014 7:37pm
via Android

Are really gaining and losing the same 4lbs ? Our weight naturally fluctuates ... If u are binging then exercising for long periods of time or starving yourself to make up for a binge then it is possible u are gaining and losing the same 4 lbs ...if u are being consistent with ur diet then I'd say its highly likely u are maintaining current weight and its just a natural fluctuation or ur losing body fat and gaining lean muscle ... Try measuring once a week ...sorry for long post don't know how to condense what I am trying to say

17 Sep
Its the same 4lbs. I dont binge or starve myself. I do maybe have some foods with more calories. But I really been watching out. I dont sit there and pig out. But yeah just same 4lbs up and down
17 Sep
What is your daily caloric intake?
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Sep 17, 2014 9:11pm
via Android

I dont keep track. Bc I refuse to do that. As long as I do portion control plus its hard when your cook and make food

17 Sep
It can be a bit of a nuisance... But there are ways to make sure weighing our food using measuring cups etc. But if u refuse to do it ...
17 Sep
Just keep doing what ur doing ... Ull get there
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Sep 17, 2014 11:51pm
via Android

Fully agree with Eva, odds are your adding some muscle.  If you feel better keep it up the scale should be the last thing you worry about.  Keep going strong!

19 Sep

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51