Tips for running

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 18, 2014 11:55am
via Android

Hello, i want to know if you guys have some tips about running longer... i am not good about it... in fact, i am starting now in exercise, . How can i start running, like time, velocity? Or i have to start walking first útil running? Exist a tectic about it?
Excuse my english because i am from Brazil and there are almost 7 years that i dont speak. ... rs

18 Sep
Thanks, Sri. :-)
18 Sep
Basically, you need to start running for 20 minutes a day 3 times a week. I run 10k in 40 minutes and 5k in 21 minutes. So start at 20 minutes for 3 times a week and increase the duration by 5 minutes each week till you hit 40 minutes of running. However, you shouldn't just continuously run, interval training is good so like run 1k rest for 3 minutes x 5 reps which is a good start. Then when becomes easier start o increase distance and reps. Breathe through your nose. Use your arms in a swinging motion at...
19 Sep
Yes, liam. I would like it
Image_thumb
1 Post
Sep 18, 2014 12:31pm
via Android

I'm speaking from personal experience....... About four years back I couldn't run 100 meters....,. Today I run 5 km in about 37 minutes....... More than distance, speed...... Regularity towards exercise is what helps........ Listen to your body...... There are days my body refuses to walk 10 steps....I laze around ...... Happy running

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 18, 2014 3:35pm
via Android

Breathe with your nose :D not your mouth

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 18, 2014 4:45pm
via Android

Thanks, Mark and Sri.
And How about moving the arms

18 Sep
For me, it depends on what goal you want to set, for beginners try to start with 10 min runs n then each week increase 10 mins.. after you get to about the 50 min mark, I always start adding in distance instead of time..
18 Sep
As for moving your arms, I was always told, keep them relax and loose.. try to move them up and down, not flailing around your body as if you were being chased
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Sep 18, 2014 10:12pm

If you're completely new, start with 2min walking, 1 min slow running... repeat this for 20-30 minutes. Listen to your body. Rest one day and go on, slowly increasing the running part.

Make sure to start slow - most run too fast in the beginning. Run slow and increase time of running until you are able to run without a break for 30-45 minutes. Then you can increase speed.

Take time to rest. Just run every 2nd day and if your muscles are hurting, wait one more day. Your body gives all the answers you need.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 19, 2014 4:39pm
via Android

Thanks

19 Sep
Youre welcome:)
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 21, 2014 3:19am
via Android

Arms from the hips to the ears , somewhere there..

21 Sep
BTW swing em

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51