Need Motivation!!

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 2, 2014 2:23am
via Android

Help!! I need to lose a lot of weight..a lot. I was overweight in high school and lost it all through hard work..then I got married and now I have two babies and I am much worse off. It seems like I yo yo constantly and I need someone to help me stay consistent and get fit and healthy. My goal is by Christmas to lose 50 lbs...can someone help me stay motivate?? I am desperate now...please.

02 Oct
Hi lynsie I too have two kids ages 2 and 3 months I'm working my but off literally lol lost 35 so far since baby #2 but still have at least 30 more to go. I'm new here but look forward to reading about your progress.
02 Oct
Just remember not to get discourage when you don't see fast results. One day you will wake up and then bam it all seems to appear at once and reminds you to keep going. Just remember the reasons you are doing this.
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 2, 2014 5:04am
via Android

Losing weight is a long term process. Trying to lose 50lb by Christmas is an unrealistic expectation, and while it may be possible, it's not healthy. Set your sights on losing a pound a week, by eating 500 less calories a day than your basal metabolic rate. Add in exercise (whatever will fit your schedule from this app) and you'll be seeing results in no time. There's no better motivation than seeing results! Also don't be discouraged if you start gaining weight initially, as you're going to gain muscle as well. You'll lose inches, you'll look better and best of all, you'll feel better.

Also, cleaning up your diet and eating healthy will go a LONG way. Do realize that you're in for a lifestyle change to lose and keep the weight off.

04 Oct
When I was doing my regimen, I did exactly what you were saying! It worked...! I got off the wagon and decided it was time to go back....since it really did the job. Slow and steady, but I saw the results. Eating 500 less and getting the workouts in...the good thing about working out is that it's great for your muscles, BUT I got to eat back the calories I burned since my food goal was under 500 and you DON'T want to go any further than that...whoot!
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Oct 2, 2014 5:20am
via Android

20-30 minutes of good cardio or speed walking (burns more calories than other cardio). There's different things you could definitely do. Don't stress your body too hard but compound movements are absolute best. So ropes, tire flips, squats are amazing, lunges things like that. They can act as a cardio but burn like crazy. I don't know what your body is capable of so I would say start easy. Body weight movements are extremely affective. Intake 1200 HEALTHY calories a day alone will do so much. Low sodium/fat/sugar/cholesterol will help and no pop or sugary drinks/foods. Water and tea are great. No aspartame products. You'll drop weight. 50 is a stretch and not by Christmas but I bet 25 could be done. Good luck

02 Oct
I am physically strong. My endurance isn't great because I consider myself a newbie...but I will try anything and push it to the limit. I won't work out halfway. I like the tire flips and ropes, but mostly working out at home. I have two babies and am a full time student. What do you suggest I do like that at home? Any programs or workouts on here that reflect what you suggest???
Image_thumb
57 Posts
Oct 2, 2014 1:00pm
via Android

50 lbs by Christmas. Wow, good luck with that. I won't suggest losing weight such drastically. Your body might not cope with it and can result in serious damages.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51