So depressed :-[ need help!

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 10, 2014 1:47pm
via Android

Hey, I really have a huge problem : I don't lose weight at all :-$ I've tried a lot of different diets but the only thing I get as results is feeling tired, depressed and so disappointed. I'm working out everyday in this period and no results. Any advices??

10 Oct
Hey you should check out keto :) lose weight fast while eatting bacon and eggs skipping fruit, toast or pasta. Add sugar free sugar to your coffee with. ketogenic wiki or www.reddit.com/r/keto for responses and community ;)
10 Oct
Hi firstly just relax. Sometimes trying too hard just causes stress which leads to weight gain and depression and so on. So enough of the depressing stuff. Be happy that firstly u are alive! Yes u are breathing man! Take a deep breath yes go on, dead people can't do that! Now that u realise that u are alive u realise u have the power to conquer anything u want but it's not going to b easy. Don't look for easy fixes that u may think come easy to other people. U never know what troubles others are having behind...
12 Oct
Maybe poop more and get your shit out of there.: )
12 Oct
It's all about intensity as well. Try to exhaust yourself and try high interval intensity training. Worked for a few of us
Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 10, 2014 1:55pm
via Android

Do you exercise? Also eat three small meals and two in between meals, fruits.

10 Oct
I do exercise every day and because I'm busy I eat only one or two meals a day but nothing changed!
10 Oct
How long have you been doing this?
10 Oct
I've been doing this for about 3 month
10 Oct
What have you been eating? And what kind of exercise?
10 Oct
I've eating only fruit an vegetables, no junk food at all. For the exercises I run and I do some cardio besides some sculpting exercises but nothing changed at all!
Image_thumb
57 Posts
Oct 10, 2014 2:29pm
via Android

Hey don't lose hope. Depression and stress are also contributing factors of weight gain. Try to squuze in 4 to 5 meals a day instead of two and workout mostly cardio and running. Try to avoid junk food. You will definitely see results. It might take time but it will work and instead of following the weighing scale, observe the changes in your body standing in front of the mirror or on your clothes. That way it will keep you motivated and right on track. Good luck!!!

10 Oct
Thank you so much :-)
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Oct 10, 2014 2:34pm
via Android

I used to feel that way. I only recently started actually seeing results, and to be honest I don't know what changed. I'm not really doing anything different than everything I'd tried before.

Are you counting calories at all? If you're not keeping a food journal I recommend that. We often lose track of what we are actually eating. We might think since we are only eating a few small meals that we are good, but we forget that cream and sugar in our coffee, condiments, gum and candy, and snacks that someone brought into the office, not to mention soda, all have a lot of calories and add up very quickly.

Eating throughout the day is important because it keeps your metabolism going. You said you don't usually because you're busy. Try to make healthy snacks just as convenient as the vending machine and portable. Whenever I buy fresh veggies I cut them all up right away and put them in containers so I can just grab them when I want a snack or take them on the go.

Remember too, that your success is going to be influenced more by your diet than your exercise. I'm not talking about "going on a diet," im talking about what you eat every day. Avoid "diets" because they aren't always healthy, plus when you reach your goal and then go back to eating normal, your results will fade quickly. Just focus on eating healthy. Lots of whole, fresh, unprocessed foods in as close to their natural state as possible. Nothing in boxes or cans. And take baby steps. I was practically living on fast food and frozen dinners.  It's taken me a long time and multiple attempts to get where I am now, and I still have a long way to go. You don't want to overwhelm yourself. That's how you'll fail. The way to be consistent is to make small and gradual changes.

If you truly feel like you're doing everything right and still not losing weight, then you might want to consult your doctor. There may be another issue that your body needs taken care of first.

10 Oct
Thank you so much :-)
10 Oct
I'll try again :-)
10 Oct
Such a fantastic advice from Lauren, I completely agree with her. Don't give up Amal, we all have our low points and sometimes it feels like what's the point? But just hang in there and don't give in to that horrid feeling, just keep doing your workouts and follow Lauren's advice. Its a slow process i know but keep at it and you'll get there, be patient. Right now I'm contemplating on doing my workout training or not whilst munching on a chocolate bar, I shouldn't but I feel really weak & tired today, I dont normally eat sweets but...
Image_thumb
115 Posts
Oct 10, 2014 2:51pm
via Android

How long have you been trying?

10 Oct
For about 3 month
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Oct 10, 2014 3:47pm
via Android

Hey if you are skipping junk food that's great try reduce your fruit intake. Fruit is sugar, sugar is energy and if you fill the cup of sugar the excess that overflows and turns into fat. So you don't overflow the cup have a check out "I quit sugar" and get a cal free sugar alternative the less sugar you get the better. Berries have less sugar then other fruit, nanna has lots of sugar so if you have one in every meal you're going backwards unless you are leading a very very active lifestyle. Your body needs protein and fat, try to cut starchy veg like peas and potatoes from of your diet start eating eat pumpkin,  spinach, broccoli google "non stachy vegetables"  have a steak it'll make you feel better. You need to have fat and protein in you're diet protein for mussels and fat helps you feel good

10 Oct
I'll to avoid those fruits and the other stuffs. Tnks a lot :-)
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 11, 2014 5:30am
via Android

Let's snap chat

11 Oct
Okey :-)
Adobephotoshopexpress_2013_12_04_19_48_56_thumb
57 Posts
Oct 11, 2014 8:27am
via Android

There are a lot of great suggestions on this thread. I went through a similar situation several years ago.

Besides eating healthy foods and being on a exercise regime. I got rid of my scale. I became fixated on the numbers which made me more depressed and led to unhealthy habits. It took several years for me to realize that I'm not a number and to move forward.

I do a lot of Journaling to keep track of foods, workout sessions,  and most importantly what happened during the day to cause me to go off of regime. I've made it a habit to journal for 10 before I go to bed.

I'm 37 now and have never been healthier in my life.

11 Oct
Thanks for the support :-)
11 Oct
What diet are u following? I am loosing about 1kg per week. eating low carb and more protein ( lean cuts) . Included veggies and salads and definitely no bread or rice at supper.
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Oct 12, 2014 12:10am
via Android

This is the list of foods I'm allowed to eat, helps me in the super market and meal planning :) check it out if you like https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah8MbmZepQxWdGo4bnB2QmxxMUlmTzZUTXYzMURRLWc&usp=docslist_api

12 Oct
Thanks a lot it's so helpful :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51