Stuck :(

1 post | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
55 Posts
Oct 12, 2014 4:09pm
via Android

For the past couple months, I've been losing consistently about 2 lbs per week. I've been weighing myself twice a week which I know you're not supposed to do but whatever. It's what I'm doing and it's been working.

A week ago, I gained 3 lbs back (my scale measures body fat % so I know I'm not just gaining muscle) and this week I'm at the same weight. I haven't changed anything. If anything I'm exercising more and eating less.

So I'm really discouraged and frustrated because what was working really well for me has suddenly stopped working and I'm not even sure what to do about it.

Please don't tell me to stop looking at the scale. That's my motivator. And I know this isn't just a normal fluctuation because I weighed myself the days ago and again this morning and it's been consistent.

Is this one of those plateaus people talk about? How do I get past it and start losing weight again?

12 Oct
When you plateau it's not good to eat less if what you were doing was working. Its always better to change the workout: add more weight, change rep count, speed of reps, take less rests, you can do the same workout and make it dramatically different just by changing how you're doing the exercise. Change the routine, not the eating right if it was working!
12 Oct
Also you need to increase your carb intake for a few days then when you get out of the plateu, then start eating less carbs again. You need to keep your body guessing all the time cause as soon as it gets used to something, you hit a plateu. Try changing your routine at least once a month.
12 Oct
Also make sure you are taking enough sleep everyday + drink plenty of water.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51