Motivation, Beginner, cleaner eating

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 23, 2014 4:56pm
via Android

Hello, My name is Alexi and I am new to this app and exercising in general. I am 5'2 and weigh 125 pounds. I know that's average for my height but my stomach is my icky area. It has almost been a year since I quit working a manual labor job and have gone back to school. Since then, I have noticed myself getting a little flabby in the stomach area. I have always had a fast metabolism and just going to work seemed to be enough as far as working out goes. I lack energy & motivation. My back, neck, and shoulders hurt constantly. I know I should be stretching and working out but I am pretty clueless where to start. The only thing I own is a treadmill. I'm thinking I should get a couple sets of dumbbells and a mat of some sort. Anyone know of any kind of "beginner kits" of some kind? I also think a little bit of my weight has a lot to do with my depression and anxiety...it plays a huge part in my lack of motivation. I just want to get healthy and fit. I'm not happy with my body and I feel disgusting the majority of the time and it probably has a lot to do w/the foods I'm eating as well. I don't know where to start. Help!!

23 Oct
If you don't get dumbbells try some resistance bands, they work well too!
23 Oct
Great, thanks!
23 Oct
I just started using this app also, I'm looking forward to the progress I make with it!
23 Oct
Try yoga stretches for the back, neck and shoulders aches. You may do them even on the bed (if it's not too soft) or on the floor, no need to buy a mat. Good luck!
23 Oct
Back, neck and shoulder issues can be from poor posture. So sit up straight, stand tall and proud(which can also help with your self esteem). Focus on back exercises for postural strength, eat clean and train dirty. The more you stick with the workouts the more energy you will have. I sometimes feel that women are there own worst enemy of themselves, they often perceive themselves as having all these made up flaws. First love yourself and who you are and you will be amazed at how the confidence and energy follows. Good luck and congratulations on going back to...
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 7:25pm
via Android

Hi Alexi, depression and anxiety do cause weight problems alot of the time,Im trying a new system,not a diet by Paul Makenna,it starts with why u feel the way you do,help to stop cravings and feel more confident and empowered,Ive tried it last two weeks and its working for me,check my post Paul Makenna I can make you thin club,I will be writing updates for those who like to check it out,good luck x

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51