Ways to curb late night cravings?

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 8:41pm
via iOS
I've never had a problem with eating healthy, it's the portions that get me >.< For the past couple weeks I've been controlling my portions pretty well, haven't really had a problem. Except at night, I get these uncontrollable urges to stuff my face... I try eating fruit to satisfy my stomach, but I almost always end up overdoing it, and consuming way too much. And then other times, I'll just give in and eat junk food :/ like last night, I ate a ton of homemade popcorn and m&m's :P Totally regretted it afterwards, but it was delicious lol. Any tips on how to control this issue of mine?
06 Nov
My suggestion for you would be to drink some casein at the time of your urge, casein is a slow digestive protein which we'll make you feel full and pretty much satisfied threw out the night also you can take some yohimbe which curbs your appetite as well as green tea extract. And last but not least if you don't like to take pills or drinking protein shakes try to incorporate slow digestive carbs like sweet potato or oats for your last meal they'll keep you feeling pleased for the rest of your night. We'll hope this helps
06 Nov
Thanks Peter, I will look up those things
06 Nov
I agree with peter. Casein is your best bet. Just remember when you have cravings especially those at night. Your blood sugar level has most likely dropped. Simplest solution is a shake 2 hours after dinner.
07 Nov
If I'm craving in the evening, I drink herbal tea and it gets rid of the craving. Sometimes cravings are just your body saying it is dehydrated.
07 Nov
Dock tape is a good solution too :-)
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 9:29pm
via Android

Hi

Image_thumb
122 Posts
Nov 9, 2014 4:31am
via Android

Visalus hunger craving pills
Take a look

Image_thumb
41 Posts
Nov 9, 2014 6:25am
via Android

Water

Pnix_thumb
33 Posts
Nov 9, 2014 5:57pm
via Android

I too have issues with this but the fortunate part of it is that I can use it as of now. Later I will probably look for lighter things to eat like a salad with maybe chicken to satisfy my carnivorous side lol. Small salad... Lots of chicken. Maybe I will substitute the chicken with steak bwahaha!

Pnix_thumb
33 Posts
Nov 9, 2014 5:59pm
via Android

Seriously tho. You have to eat a certain amount of meals a day so you don't pig out at any particular meal. Going to bed hungry makes you want to eat a lot in the morning. At least for me.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 9, 2014 6:46pm
via Android

As

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 9, 2014 6:53pm
via Android

Asgheralu

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Nov 9, 2014 6:54pm
via Android

Hi...feelung craving at night is not gud especially at mid night...after 8'o clock you should nt eat....why you dont take chicken in dinner;it is satiating fr yr stomach

Pnix_thumb
33 Posts
Nov 9, 2014 7:09pm
via Android

Depending on how many small meals she is eating a day may affect the late night cravings. If your last meal was 6 or 7 and you normally stay up to 10 or 11 then you have to eat one more time before you go to bed. You should have a snack every 2 or 3 hours with the exception of your actual meals or your body wants to eat a lot more at your next meal. That is counter productive.

09 Nov
Fruit, hand full of nuts, salad, sports bar, tea, water, or anything that fits your program you are working on. Everyone is different so the snack or meal will vary.
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 9, 2014 8:57pm
via Android

Fruit tea and eat grapefruitit asorbs fat and appitite

Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 9, 2014 9:41pm
via Android

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51