Has anyone tried Vida or MyFitnessPal?

19 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 12, 2014 7:53am

Hello,

Has anyone on here used a health coaching service like Vida or tracker like MyFitnessPal to get in shape?

12 Nov
Yeees I used it, but It's complicated because I have to search for all the calories and I wasted much time doing that. Now I'm using FatSecret
03 Dec
I personally love my fitness pal. Very convenient and accurate. Barcode scanner is great and saves time. Especially when u have to enter a whole recipe. Which that is also a great perk. Love how it gives a nutritionally breakdown to see where you are lacking. It's not just about calories for me. I want healthy foods going into my body. It really makes u analyze how you eat, not just what you eat. You can also add in exercise even nontraditional types like yard work or shoveling snow. It all burns calories. Hope this is helpful.
03 Dec
I love mfp. I have been using it now for 877 days in a row. It has helped me lose over 50lbs. I think i will keep it awhile longer.
Image_thumb
110 Posts
Nov 12, 2014 8:25am
via Android

I used the calorie counter on myfitnesspal for a few months to see if my eating habits measured up. Turns out I wasn't eating enough LOL.

12 Nov
Same here :)
20 Nov
Same here (also) LOL
10487385_702626146439447_1839492372489786311_n_thumb
1 Post
Nov 12, 2014 8:11pm

Ive used the myfitnesspal a few times. I like it but like someone above mentioned, it is very time consuming searching for all your foods but once you have used it for awhile, it saves all your recent foods and so if you eat alot of the same things, they are already in the recent foods to select. Only thing about that is that once you have so many saved, then you have to look through pages of recent foods to find what you want. I will use it for awhile when im really trying to lose but then afte a while i get tired of doing it but it does work!

23 Nov
Tip for mfp. Enter key words and the choices are narrowed. for instance, I have almonds regularly. I type in almonds 1, and up pops the listing I use to enter certain amounts of almonds. If I had 7 today, the reading for 7 almonds comes up; then I modify the amount I'm having--10, 24, whatever. :-)
26 Nov
Take pictures of the bar code
Image_thumb
73 Posts
Nov 12, 2014 10:18pm
via Android

I didn't like myfitnesspal at all. Thought the design was rubbish. I have a samsung phone that has 's health' on it you can track your calories on there aswell as how much excercise you've done.

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 12, 2014 11:20pm
via Android

Are those similar to this app?

12 Nov
Image_thumb
77 Posts
Nov 13, 2014 12:08am
via Android

Myfitnessspal is pretty cool it tracks ur calories!!

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Nov 13, 2014 1:09am
via Android

I love my fitness pal and have no issues with searching for my food, there's a barcode scanner which makes it so easy or you type in a couple letters and it pulls up what you've already eaten. If you type in what your eating that you don't already have on the list you have to type in details like "buttered toast wonder wheat" for wonder brand wheat toast with butter no big deal. I've lost 6lbs with the help of that app. I see that if I intake less than my goal and burn 90% of those calories I intake I lose weight quickly! You just have to exercise and eat right I also drink nothing but water.

Ken_doll_thumb
1 Post
Nov 20, 2014 10:34am

I just got an email from Vida that they're running a holiday promotion. I signed up for 3 months: vida.com/holidaygift. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 6:10pm
via Android

MFP has a very complete database,  and tracks carb, fats, protein, and many other nutrients. I find it more useful than most other calorie and exercise trackers. You can add in your own food if you cook your meals, so if you're creating a nutritious recipe, you can save it to log later. If you have a nutrient you're often low on,  like potassium,  it will help you keep track of it. 
That's my two cents worth.  ;->

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Nov 22, 2014 4:33pm
via Android

Completly agree with you. I recenly installed mfp.hopefully it will help me to lose weight.

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 12:51am
via iOS
Myfitnesspal is awesome!
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 26, 2014 1:06am

I just tried a free week with vida. No results yet, but have a good plan from coach Pam.

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 1:19am
via Android

I just started using myfitnesspal today. Tracking my food is pretty simple. It has a barcode scanner so you don't have to type in your calories, it does it for you! So far I think it's a great app.

370146_1028418191_671862396_n_thumb
1 Post
Nov 26, 2014 1:56am
via Android

I've used mfp for 6 weeks now and have lost 6 pounds. I'm also diabetic, high blood pressure and high cholesterol and I use mfp to keep track of carbs, sodium,  cholesterol and such. For me it's a life saver.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 28, 2014 4:12pm

I haven't used myfitnesspal, but I'm liking vida so far. coach pam is great!

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Nov 29, 2014 1:41pm
via Android

Observation. Whichever apps you use,  USE them to help you,  and be consistent in your logging of food and exercise. They all help you be mindful and to make you be responsible to yourself.

Image_thumb
70 Posts
Nov 29, 2014 3:44pm
via Android

I really like Noom Coach just cuz they have colour codes and a nice layout with the social side too plus I find it a lot easier to record food eaten etc bcuz its all categorize (you can click on just 'skim milk' rather than having to put in exact brand names).Its more for estimating calories and watching the types of food you eat. MyFitnessPal is really popular too!

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Dec 2, 2014 5:02pm

I cook a lot and what I like about MFP is that you can add recipies from the web or manually and it will break down everything for you based on the number of servings you enter for the whole meal.

It also has a widgit for my phone that shows me how many calories I have remaining to eat, a bar code scanner button, and + button to manually add food eaten.

I just got a fitbit flex and it works with MFP. I'm still learning how they work together but it's another plus for MFP.

My advice is to try it out. It's free so if you don't like it you can delete it and try the next food/exercise tracker on your list. I've tried a couple different ones but so far I like MFP the best.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 3, 2014 10:25am

I’ve been using MFP to track my calories but I just started using Vida health coaching and I really like it. It’s like MFP + a workout buddy. I’ve lost 5 pounds already in 4 weeks on my way to losing 20. Coach Jen is awesome. I created a group with my bridesmaids and they’re doing it too.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51