Choice to lose weight; yoga or cardio

14 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 12:15pm
via Android

Yoga is great to relax your body.it stretches muscles and ultimately your body gets flexibles and tone as well.cardio is hard to do and i donot njoy cardio.i njoy yoga most of the time. But i studied that cardio is best to lose weight rather than yoga.what should i do?my target is to lose 10 kg.

Image_thumb
122 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 12:18pm
via Android

Cardio, cardio, cardio... they both has their benefits... but cardio burns more calories...

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 12:21pm
via Android

Hmm cardio and i donot like it.

Image_thumb
122 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 12:30pm
via Android

Do now the things you dont like to do, so later you can do things you love to do. Like wearing that bikini...

Suffer the pain of exercise now or the pain of regret later...

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor...

Once you see results, it will become an addition

Besides, cardio will increase your endurance and will give you more energy. Activate you metabolism and make you addited to water...

15 Nov
Great advice (:
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 4:09pm
via Android

I think it'd be good to do a little of both! Both types of exercise are beneficial to the other, and to you! Actually, this is something im trying as well

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 7:13pm
via Android

I would recommend both. Maybe cardio in the morning to get you active. And yoga at night to help calm your body. Good luck

15 Nov
Heloo can me chat with you .?
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 3:52pm
via Android

Thanks karen.but i do hard yoga which i can not do it at night because after that i donot feel relaxed and i feel problems in sleeping

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 6:49pm
via Android

Will power is everything in life increase it one step at a time and any target can be achieved. What is will power, it is doing things you do not like but good for you.

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 7:06pm
via Android

dieting is generally how people lose weight, setup an account on "my fitness pal" start loging what you eat. and the app will help you set a limit tell you if you have reached your limit or can continue to eat. at the end of each day the app will tell you what results on weight would be in 5 weeks if you were to eat tge way you did today.

16 Nov
I totally agree with Isaac. Exercise is always good, but you lose/gain weight mainly through eating habits. Try a weight-loss app or find a habit that works for you. Remember that for a sustainable weight-loss, you need to change your habits completely, not just go on a temporary diet. Cardio is good for your heart and overall health, yoga tones your body and builds muscles, which burns more fat and gives you a defined figure. Cardio can be something as easy as a power walk.
18 Nov
I have an account in myfitnesspal and I've lost 20 lbs using it.
Image_thumb
46 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 8:27pm
via Android

If you want to lose weight, you need to change how you eat, and exercise. My wife started Whole30 to improve her health and also lost weight. Add in cardio and exercise to increase muscle mass including yoga and you will like the result. Ideally you focus on being healthy and not your weight. There's no magic formula, it takes time, effort, and self discipline. Since I lack the latter, I increase the former! :-)

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Nov 17, 2014 5:12pm
via Android

I usually do yoga in the mornings for about an hour.  Then in the afternoon I go for about an gour walk. I've kost 40 pounds in 3 months. The yoga gets you ready for the long walk. And you don't have to kill yourself waljing. Go at your own pace, any movement is better than none!

Image_thumb
159 Posts
Nov 17, 2014 7:52pm
via Android

Both.
Cardio burns calories.
Yoga sets your metabolism right.

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 5:14pm
via Android

Thanks for yr input suggesting me. I have started diet a month ago (low carb diet).i also takes walk daily early in the morning.but my weight just gone 1 kg down.do not u think so more weight should be decreased.

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 6:07pm
via Android

I have that issue sometimes I think because of the increases oxygen flow after exercise and how energizing it is

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51