7 MONTHS TO SHRED!

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 9:42am
via Android

Ok so this school year I decided I want to lose 30-35 pounds! I'm in 8th grade & I weigh 150lbs and I am 5'1(close to becoming 5'2) & I wanna lose weight for 3 reasons C.) I want a change before high school B.) I wanna look great for promotion. But most importantly A.) I wanna be the person I know I am!

So if any of you have advise on what I can do to shred this weight feel free to comment below! I know it may seem like a "BIG THING" that i want to loose that amount of weight but i know theres a fit healthy girl under all the fat & I'm dedicated to loose this weight!

25 Nov
well done and good luck! just keep at it, thats the only advice i can give. keep that attitude and you'll do great
25 Nov
Thank you! I'll make sure to & you know it motivates me even more then I already am to see some support (:
25 Nov
I changed my diet.so for breakfast I will have a salad,eggs or chicken and vegetables. I don't count calories but cook everything from scratch with coconut oil.I don't count calories. The programme is called kickstartfat lose. I also hit workout s which is high intensity body weight workout. Good luck
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 11:20am
via Android

I just want to say that it's great that you have such a reasonable time plan! Losing weight slowly is the best way to reach permanent weight-loss.

I recommend you look around on the Internet for different kinds of diets (meaning healthy eating habits, not quick fix diets) and find something that you feel you can stick to. There are so many different opinions on what's healthy. But first of all, ditch fast foods, ready-made meals and processed foods. Read labels, because added sugar lurks in the most unexpected places. Watch your portion sizes, but make sure you eat enough at every meal to last to the next one, to minimize the urge for snacking. Eat a healthy and sturdy breakfast, this is your foundation for the rest of the day. Watch out for sugary breakfast alternatives like cereal, musli and cornflakes. Your breakfast should never contain any sugar at all. Make sure you eat enough protein, it's the building blocks for your body. Eat lots of vegetables, preferably steamed or raw. In my opinion fruit is totally overrated, it contains loads of sugar and you can get all the vitamins and antioxidants you need from veggies. Berries contain less sugar. And yes, fructose has the same impact on your blood sugar levels as refined sugar. Don't make the mistake of skipping breakfast and having only a salad for lunch, this will only lead to you eating more later during the day because you get tired and hungry. Eat more during the first part of the day, less during late afternoon and evening.

Start exercising on a moderate level. Walking, swimming, yoga, pilates, weightlifting, whatever you enjoy. Don't go all in at once, slowly build up your regimen so you don't tire yourself out of it after a week or a few days.

Good luck! You can do it!

25 Nov
Thank you! I'll make sure to use your advise (:
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 11:25am
via Android

Hi,

This is my first day. I read your post and im in the same boat as you. I want to loose a out 30kgs in 4-5 months. Maybe we can be weight watch budies-encourage each other,  monitor each other progress, speak when about to get tempted to eat or break from the routine..

25 Nov
I hate to say it, but a healthy weight loss is considered to be 0,5-1 kg a week, which means 30 kg takes six months to roughly a year, not counting in that one often reaches plateau phases the weight is on standstill for some time. It is of course possible to lose weight much faster than that, but quick weight-loss usually leads to equally quick weight gain and the worst part is that one often gains not only the weight that one's lost but even more. This kind of yo-yo dieting is one reason that overweight people can try...
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 11:53am
via Android

That is exactly what happened to me several months back. I lost so much weight and i was looking great. Then i dont know what happened,  now i have added so much weight. Maybe i need to adjust my time as you suggest since i want the effects to be permanent this time. Im doing a combination  if excercise and taking vegetable juice throughout the day

25 Nov
One other important thing is also that the diet you keep while losing weight needs to be sustainable for the rest of your life. If you go back to your old habits after losing weight, you'll gain it back again, because that was what made you gain weight in the first place. Quick fix diets never ever work in the long run.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51