Reached my goal weight!... But.. :(

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Dec 3, 2014 3:35pm
via iOS
So, I finally reached my goal weight! I'm 5'3, and I weigh 115. I took a while off from exercising and focused on dieting (while you're on this diet, you're not supposed to work out heavily until after 40 days.) The only thing is, I feel and look no different:/ at first I thought I looked great, but the more I look in the mirror, the more I feel very chubby and unsatisfied. My stomach is "flat" now but I can still grab small handfuls of fat>.< My thighs and butt are especially huge. I really don't like it. Should I keep dieting? Or focus on doing intense workouts again? I'd like to drop 5-10 more pounds if possible.
03 Dec
Congrats and you look great. The whole point of working out is for yourself. If you're not where you feel you should be then keep at it. Find a diet that your happy with and still let's you have a cheat day. Focus on more HIIT for fat lose and toning and you get more bang for your time
Icon_missing_thumb
93 Posts
Dec 3, 2014 3:46pm
via Android

You've made changes you've reached your goal it's something to be proud of !
When I look at my self after I've made progress I create new goals and want to continue bettering myself.

Don't stop what youre doing now, continue and you'll reach a point where you're happy and confident in your own skin

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 3, 2014 3:56pm
via Android

Stop focusing on the scales and start keeping a picture diary what do you want in the end to weigh 115 so you can tell your friends about it or kill it everytime you walk out of your house lol.

03 Dec
I weigh the same and have the same height. Working out a little everyday focusing on your problem areas might help you find satisfaction. I am guilty of over dieting despite being almost too low of a bmi, but I found that working out has changed my attitude about how I look! It's the mindset!
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Dec 3, 2014 6:34pm
via iOS
Setting an ideal weight that you'd like to be is alright but weight can be deceiving since it can be muscle or fat. You should workout to be tone, then you will probably be happier with your appearance. Don't focus on the scale, focus on how you actually look and feel.
03 Dec
I was about to write this! Totally agreed.
Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Dec 4, 2014 12:54am
via iOS
If you want to change the composition of your body then you need to increase your metabolism. One of the best ways to do this is to build muscle. When you have more muscle you burn more calories. Weight will become a non-issue if you focus on becoming fit instead of striving to reach a target weight. If you choose to do a heavy lifting routine such as StronLifts 5X5 you will notice the changes in the mirror a lot more than when tracking your weight.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51