Eating habits

3 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Dec 30, 2014 11:04pm
via Android

Hi I'm in college currently and I need to lose 20 pounds. I'm active but my issue is food. Especially the food at school since it's not the best lol. What are some good ways to get on to a healthier diet? What are some good ideas on what to eat at college?

55 Posts
Dec 31, 2014 12:07am
via Android

Hi Eleni. Some basic principles to follow for healthier eating are, eat more protein (meat, fish etc) and less carbs (bread, cereal etc). Avoid sugar as much as possible, it is hidden almost everywhere now, so always read the ingredients on the packaging. Think of food as fuel and think of what you are eating and why you are eating it. Eat healthy 6 days a week and then let it go a bit one day a week (because we are only human after all! ). Try and avoid the five "deadly" C's as much as possible: cake, cookies, chocolate, candy and chips. You don't need them at all, so cut them right down.

Don't do crazy diets, just eat sensibly and healthily.

31 Dec
Thank you so much! :D
31 Dec
You can try cooking in bulk on a sunday for example. Cook a bunch of chicken that will last you all week for lunch. Some of my on the go meals/snacks: Quest bars Raw soaked cashewS Avacados ! Organic pre washed greens are great. You can open the tops and add whatever you like to make salad and close it up save for later.
9 Posts
Jan 7, 2015 5:50pm
via Android

What helped me a lot last year was changing my diet to when i could eat what.  Breakfast was carbs and fats and i let myself eat what ever i wanted in what ever quantity. Lunch is mainly veggies and fruits, its better if raw. What you want to do is load up on vitamins nutrients and minerals during lunch. Dinner was lean meat veggies and maybe some grains.

The big challenge is portion control and learning when to stop before you start feeling full.

Best of luck!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51