My Accountability thread

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jan 5, 2015 1:53pm
via iOS
The year before last I managed to lose all this weight and get to my goal weight only for last year to be disastrous and gain it all back through a combination of illness, family issues and depression. Now is the time to regroup and start again.
I plan to do ADF (alternate day fasting) and exercise. I'm starting with Fitness Blenders 5 day challenge.

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jan 5, 2015 1:59pm
via iOS
S.W 12 stone 4 (174lb) 5.1.2014
Day 1. Exercise completed - day 1. Fitness blender 5 day challenge. I'm having to do the low impact version with Kellie as I'm totally out of shape, and ended up sweating loads and my legs are a bit sore now. 
Food log: day 1. DD (down day or fast day)
Breakfast: protein porridge
Lunch: protein pack - cottage pie
Snack: jammy wagon wheel. (Not a great choice got to cut down on the sweet snacking)
Calorie count: aprox. 600. Bit high for a dd as should be closer to 500. Still should be okay if I don't go over on the UDs
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 8:55am
via iOS
Day 2: breakfast: rice rispies multi grain and semi skimmed milk (was the healthiest of the cereal I currently have at 87 calories a portion before adding milk. Will get some more porridge and bran flakes later) and a cup of tea with semi skimmed milk. Not sure on calories as didn't measure the milk but I know it has to be under 200 calories in total.
Dropping my youngest at nursery in a minute then to do day 2 on fitness blender - my legs are still sore from yesterday so hoping its not too hard on the legs today.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 9:57am
via iOS
Exercise: day 2: fitness blender 5 day workout completed. My arms were shaking a bit so they are definately working hard.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 2:04pm
via iOS
Just as well today is an UD, waiting around for shopping with nothing wholesome to snack on isn't good.
Lunch: coronation chicken and a jacket potato
Muller light cherry Greek yogurt : 500 calories 
Snacks: smarties - 250 calories 
Yogurt strawberries - 124 calories
Turknocks snowball - 135 calories
2 drumstick lollies - 150
(I now have fruit, yogurt, nuts and seeds to snack on so this should be better from here on in)
Total for day so far: 1360 roughly so 600 calories left for dinner to make up the 2000 for today's up day. That's not too bad, then back to a dd tomorrow
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 5:16pm
via iOS
Dinner: meal shake made with skimmed milk 200 calories
Pain au chocolat minis x 3 (daughter made at school so was forced to try them) just under 400 calories I think - according to Mfp. Finishing at around 2000 calories so not bad despite the naughties but can improve on that and its a dd tomorrow
06 Jan
It looks like you eat a lot of sugar and carbs and as a woman, we crave these for energy and mood boosts, especially if you have depression like I do. You need to consciously buy whole unprocessed foods and take some time to cook for the week. put healthy snacks into ziplock bags so you don't over eat. Read labels and decrease sodium and sugar. The more processed foods you eat such as snow balls the more your taste buds will just continue to crave exaggerated flavors, if you eat whole foods for a month I swear you will...
06 Jan
The weight will stay off* good luck!
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 7:10pm
via iOS
Normally I don't eat that much sugar atm I'm just getting back into the swing of normality after Christmas. I've already cut it down a lot but I will be cutting it more but I don't plan to totally eliminate it as I don't believe in demonising food. The moment a food is taboo it becomes all you want and I'm happier saying to myself you know what you can do this or that but you don't have to. As for ADF I have researched it a lot and its not yoyo dieting but a way of life. When I lost the weight the last time I did the whole foods and low carb thing and I was really unhappy the whole time as I hated the majority of what I was eating. I lost all the weight doing it very quickly though and maintained for 6 months with 5:2 until I thought I can be bothered to check portions or exercise - I used to workout for an hour a day. I don't think 5:2 or adf are yoyo dieting they work if you are sensible and there's a lot of medical studies and research to back this. I plan to do the adf alongside slimming world so I can get used to portion sizing again. I agree with prepping food though. I do normally but since Christmas I haven't bothered. What I'm going to do again is a lunch box of snacks I call my snack buddy full of healthy snacks like fruit, ect and if I feel a craving I will use snack buddy. That being said I don't think the odd treat hurts - I just need to cut it down a little more.  I've already done loads with what I drink its only tea or water. I am thankful for your advise though but I have to do what with suit me.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jan 7, 2015 4:02pm
via iOS
Exercise day 3: fitness blender day 3 completed. Not eaten much today, feeling ill - rest of the family have had a cold\flu bug over Christmas guess I've finally got it great :(
Trying to keep my vitamin c intake high, not too fussed over calories atm as its more important to get well. Been reading up on calorie count vs calorie quality and there's new studies that show the count is just as important but obviously if you want to be healthier you don't want to eat bad calories all the time. I'm thinking I will try a 80/20 balance - 80% healthy 20% naughty endulgence

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jan 8, 2015 9:20am
via iOS
Really wanted to do day 4 of fitness blender but felt quite dizzy and with fever after the warm up so decided not to push it by doing it. Gonna just get over this cold/flu thing then back at it. So today its water water water and rest.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51