Grilled chicken - a hero??

3 posts | Original | Recent
4 Posts
Jan 5, 2015 7:10pm
via Android

Hey guys, I've been told I can eat 2-3 pcs of grilled chicken and I won't put on weight.. I've been happily munching chicken ever since (they call it fat free grilled chicken) although containing my urge to lick white sauce (i cheat sometimes :-P)..I've not gained weight but at the same time I've not lost weight despite cardio work outs. Could it be because of this..

05 Jan
I dont know much but u tell me when you lose weight then I'll try too :)
05 Jan
I have my doubts cuz I am also told the weight loss process will slow down once my body reaches the plateau level weight... :P
05 Jan
Then u must have reached plateau level then that's why ur weight is not reducing :)
96 Posts
Jan 5, 2015 9:03pm

Losing weight is about eating at a calorie deficit. Eat less calories than you burn. If you're not gaining but you're also not losing weight it could be that you're eating at maintenance or you might be eating too few calories.

Sometimes the body goes in to survival mode and won't let you lose any weight if you're not getting enough calories. Try adding 200 calories to your daily amount for a few weeks and see what happens. Also make sure you're drinking PLENTY of water.

06 Jan
Will try this..Thanks:-)
30 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 2:56am

Use a food tracking app like MyFitnessPal or Lose It to track how many calories you're eating each day. If you're not burning more calories than you're eating then you won't lose weight. Like Jason said, if you starve yourself of calories then you won't lose either because your body is reverting back to the caveman days of survival and holding on to your weight for dear life.

06 Jan
Will do.. thanks :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51