Toning up my stomach

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 11, 2015 3:26pm
via Android

Hi all, I am 5 foot 3 and weigh 138 pounds. I'm trying to lose some fat on my stomach and tone right up. I have been eating healthily and cutting out the rubbish for over a week and walking the dog everyday. Done 15 miles since Sunday just gone. Any tips on losing the fat off my stomach and a little bit off my thighs. Tried going to the gym but just got bored and left. Would like to do some workouts at home. Any tips??

11 Jan
Don't write in that light pink color, it really hurts my eyes lol. Good luck on gaining definition to your stomach
11 Jan
Anytime your heart rate is elevated you burn calories. Try for a minimum of 20 minutes a day where you're jogging or cardio exercise. 20 minutes will help burn the standard days extra calories. Any time after 20 minutes you're burning fat reserves.
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Jan 11, 2015 7:14pm
via Android

Hi Nadine. To lose fat you need to burn more than you consume. You can track your eating through numerous apps out there and your workouts directly here in the app. As an additional rule of thumb: tough cardio for one hour should burn around 600 kcal, walking the dog for one hour should be around 400. Unfortunately you cannot burn fat at a certain area of your body - you will lose it all over.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 11, 2015 7:23pm
via Android

Thank you.

I'll keep walking the dog and watching what I eat but add in some workouts off here. It will be a long journey but it'll be worth it in the end

Image_thumb
195 Posts
Jan 11, 2015 7:30pm
via Android

It definitely will! And what I experienced: the deeper you dig yourself in this workout thing, the more addicted you get and the further you wanna push things!  :-) Enjoy yourself and the experience here with this great community.  Good luck! ;-)

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 11, 2015 7:57pm
via Android

Hahaha. Sorry :)

11 Jan
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 11, 2015 8:00pm
via Android

Sorry, wrong post

11 Jan

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51