How many minutes shall I exercise a day if I aim to lose weight??

6 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 11:28am
via iOS
I read in a fitness magazine that we need to workout least 50-60 minutes a day if you aim to lose weight.

Should it be a 50-60 minutes exercise at one stretch or can I do a 40 minute workout at one go and the rest 10-15 later in the day.
13 Jan
U can spread it throughout the day
13 Jan
You can split it out. I do 30mins of biking before work and another 30mins after work. The focus of the exercise would be the intensity. If you have a heartrate monitor device with you, try maintaining your heartrate above 160 as much as you can. A cup of coffee prior to workout would give you a quick boost. And as usual cut down on carbs(rice, noodles and etc).
3 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 12:04pm
via Android

Cardio and jump rope everyday in 30min , it can burn lot of calories

55 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 6:17pm
via Android

I was reading earlier (not sure if its true) that as long as you are doing 30 min of high intensity cardio a day you will be burning enough calories to loose weight! But of course you would have to be eating healthy and not a bunch of fatty food / carbs

20 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 6:57pm
via Android

Your body starts to burn fat after 30 minutes of excercise.

258 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 7:59pm
via Android

not hitting that myself I'm aiming for more at one time though. gotta buildup

950 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 5:18am
via Android

There is no magic number of minutes per day.

If you burn more calories than you eat, you lose weight. That's it.

So if you exercise for two hours you're still not gonna lose weight unless you pay attention to how /what you eat.

You can go moderately hard on a bike for 30 minutes but then totally negate that by having one can of soda...

You can do five minutes of exercise three times a week & lose half a kilo ... If you are eating to lose.

Myfitnesspal is a good app for tracking calories. I would recommend NOT logging your exercise calories, or logging them at half value, so you don't eat them back, which usually actually means more.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51