My back hurts

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 23, 2015 3:49pm
via Android

Can anyone tell me how to keep my back from hurting during exercising? Evertime I do a sit up or anything like that my lower back bone rubs againts the ground and hurts like crazy.

23 Jan
Get a thicker work out mat.....then take a hot bath or shower and massage where it hurts. Your body will get use to the pain.
23 Jan
Good advice
23 Jan
Don't do sit ups. Work you core in other ways....planks, ax chops, kettle bell swings, table tops etc. Or get a stability ball and do them that way.
23 Jan
I definitely need in invest in a exercising ball... thank u for the advise
23 Jan
If you have history of back problems other exercises may cause your back to have more pain or put more strain on your back, so you might want to consult your doctor if you have a history of bad problems and see what those back problems are so you can isolate the problem so you want further hurt your back.Do ab exercises that will not have any strain on your back.
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jan 23, 2015 4:24pm
via Android

Get a yoga or exercise Matt, they work great..only do half crunches instead..

23 Jan
Scoot your buttocks all the way into the wall and swing your feet up the wall. This pose is excellent for relaxing the muscles of the lower back and drains stagnant fluid from the feet and ankles. Do this pose after a challenging workout^^
23 Jan
Great advice, never thought to do that
23 Jan
Thank u both... I do have a mat dont help a whole lot.... maybe I can bouble it or something
Image_thumb
269 Posts
Jan 25, 2015 4:39am
via Android

I agree, a yoga mat. I notice the difference when I don't use mine.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51