Sweets in the morning

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jan 26, 2015 5:46am
via Android

How can I avoid eating some sweets in the morning? What's the reason for it?

26 Jan
It is a temptation that happens, it is normal.
26 Jan
Y ttc f yoyo Yu th i itcHy jt t itty fee Inuit y Ruth ft
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 26, 2015 7:08am
via iOS
People crave sweet stuff in the morning because there blood sugar is low. Try scarfing down something sweet and healthy in the morning before your workout or for better results after your workout
Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Jan 26, 2015 5:01pm

The best way to avoid eating things you regret is to not have them around at all. If you've got sweets hanging around, get rid of them. Another great tool is to plan your food for the entire day at least one day before. It's amazing how much easier it is to "eat right" when you've already got everything mapped out in advance.

Image_thumb
456 Posts
Jan 26, 2015 9:01pm
via iOS
Hey Misli,
It's normal to crave a sweet breakfast as Justin said cuz the blood sugar level is kinda low in the morning..but you have to find a healthy alternative...

Whether your have diabetes or not, craving sugar could indicate your body is running low on energy and wants you to eat something sweet as soon as possible to get its sugar fix and function better. Stabilizing your blood sugar levels can help you get rid of these sugar cravings

Fruits make a great breakfast to kick start your day... You can have them with oatmeal, yoghurt, cottage cheese or just plain.. You can eat peanut butter with a banana or honey to satisfy you sweet tooth..dates also are a great healthy sweet alternative that have many benifets and fill you with energy...
I like to drink tea, black coffee or milk without sugar with what I said above...yummmm

Hope this helped..wish u the best
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 26, 2015 9:19pm

In addition to the comments alread made, it could also be a simple matter of you having programmed your brain to want sweets in the morning. I used to be the same when it came to a beer... Every Friday on the way back home from work I found I had intense cravings for one. So I changed my routine, I drove home a different way so I didn't go by the store & worked on breaking the mental weaknesses.

Give it a try.. Leave something out for you to eat as soon as you wake up. Break your routine. 

It may just be that as you've always done it, you're acting on a subconsciously competent level and it's a trigger reflex

(Jeez! I can really jabber on once I get going!!!) 

29 Jan
I absolutely agree with this theory too! The brain is so powerful.. Training it is more challenging than the body, but it's a matter of short period of time to do so ( unlike the six pack abs )

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51