Help!!

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 30, 2015 7:27pm
via iOS
Looking to lose weight, have been working out for about 3 weeks now and also eating better. What kind of protein shakes could I be using and what kind of meals does everyone else go for?
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 30, 2015 7:33pm
via Android

Jst eat healthy and work out daily for 1.30 hr so that u can burn ur calories

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jan 30, 2015 9:20pm

If you're only doing cardio don't bother with protein shakes, it's just additional calories your body doesn't need. Just stick to a healthy mix of carbs/protein/fats - Just by splitting your meal into 3 parts and making sure something of each type is on your plate is a good step towards living and being healthier. 

30 Jan
Also eat a lot of fruit and veg cayse it contains fibres which u need in ur diet
30 Jan
I disagree with that slightly Teri. Eat more veg than salad than you do fruit coz fruit is high in natural sugars and so will also add unnecessary calories.
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 2:26pm
via iOS
What are some good types of carbs and fats?
02 Feb
Fish oil coconut oil and olive in addition to the other comments any kind of nuts too
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 2:46pm
via iOS
CARBS = oats, brown rice, wholewheat pasta, milk, sweet potato (try to stay away from the white versions)

FATS = avocado, peanut butter, almond butter, almonds

This link to one of my topics may help:
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 3:25pm
via iOS
Thanks! I was having trouble with the carbs. I got the Myfitnesspal and carbs is usually the one that's off
Image_thumb
61 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 3:33pm
via Android

Instead of protein shakes i'll advice you take a veg/fruit blend. ( some spinach, almonds, berries, 1/2 banana, coconut oil) add some water and blend. The fruit you add is optional. Its healthier and filling too. ( just my suggestion)

Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 3:54pm

I agree with Scotty, if you're not doing moderate to heavy weight training, there's no need to supplement with a protein powder/shake. As for what meals to go for there are some good suggestions here. Bottom line is that you need to plan out your meals knowing what your Carb/Protein/Fat goals are and make it work for you.

There will always be better foods out there than what you're eating, but to start out I recommend that you evaluate and set your goals then work on sticking to them. You can gradually replace more processed foods with better substitutes as you go along but if you're already in the habit of hitting your calorie and macro (carbs/protein/fat) goals for the day then substituting foods later on will be much easier.

Since you're using MyFitnessPal, you're already connected to a great tool that will help you monitor and track your consistency. Another tool you might try is http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ to help you figure out more accurately how many calories you should be consuming daily.

Good luck!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51