EATING CLEAN

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 9, 2015 2:10pm
via Android

Does anyone have any tips/recipes?

Just started this today and now I've found an exercise app which seems really easy to stick to I want to sort my eating habits out too!

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 9, 2015 3:05pm
via iOS
Start with any of the free cookbooks on kindle or iBooks, search for clean eating and paleo cookbooks.  Also try recipe blogs like elana's pantry and spunky coconut, also try a few vegan recipes from the happy herbivore and veganomicon. Try all the free stuff first, there's a ton of good things out there.  Also, try a few meals with ingredients you may already have on hand vs going out and buying several expensive off the wall ingredients until you know what flavor you like.

Lastly, spices! Lots of spices equal flavor without unclean additives and extra calories.  My favorite is to get spices in bulk from my local health foods store, it is way cheaper than buying the small jars at say Walmart.  I get baggies full of herbs de Provence for a couple bucks, I use it heavily on fish, homemade tomato sauces, and in stews.

Oh, and keep fruits and veggies in ready to eat form around to snack on or toss in a bag if going anywhere (you never know when you'll get stuck in traffic or held up someplace and give in to the hunger monster saying that  fast food 'just this once' won't hurt you.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 7:25pm

there's an active topic on here called "RECIPES FOR ATHLETES" which now has over 300 recipes of clean meals for you to choose from.

Done by one of the skimbe legends, Mario.

It might take you a while to scroll through the active topics to find it, but it's worth it!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51