Workout times

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 1:44am
via iOS
Is it better to eat then workout or workout on an empty stomach? Does it even matter? Are there any health benefits or health hazards that I should be aware of for either? I usually workout on an empty stomach then eat, I have a feeling it's probably not the best idea hahahah
16 Feb
That's a good question. I always do my workouts with eating beforehand because I'll wind up throwing it up during my workout. Plus after I take a shower and feel relaxed and need energy so I eat then.
16 Feb
It's good to have a little something in your stomach like a small snack to energies you and then you eat a large meal after to give you your energy back.
16 Feb
Thanks guys! Kiel, do you have any that you recommend? :D
16 Feb
Workout on empty stomatch only. Refer to any military training routine for conformation.
16 Feb
I personally like to have a protein snack.
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 4:36am
via Android

your really pretty I mean don't get me wrong I don't know but your pretty in a respectful way

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 6:38am
via Android

Calories are calories.  If you eat them you can burn them no matter what. I always like to have a few meals before my workouts. It's like gas tank of full, I'm going to go further. So it depends on your preference really.

Image_thumb
195 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 7:30am
via Android

It's totally on your own. Most people think it's bad to eat after working out. Actually you NEED to eat after working out so that your body has enough energy to regenerate. You can also go carbs within 30mins after training. Eating before is possible, but you won't do pretty good on the ab trainer when full - your body will need energy to digest (at least 1 hour) and you probably won't feel best. I suggest to have just a small energy boost beforehand (like e.g. a banana, but everything fast in energy is good).

But: all in all it doesn't matter when you give your body its nutrition. Compare it to a car: it drives well no matter when you refuel.

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 7:39am
via Android

If it's just Cardio then you can do it on an empty stomach otherwise on weight training eat 30 to 60 minutes before a workout. I don't have a problem eating a minute before hitting the weights :p fuel your workouts for best results

Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 1:40pm
via Android

It would provide be more beneficial for you to eat before a workout.

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 4:58pm
via Android

I usually work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, but as my workouts are getting tougher that's not working anymore. Running on empty stomach doesn't work at all for me. So, my advice is a small snack before if you haven't eaten in a couple of hours, not working out on a full stomach and refueling right after your workout.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51