Working out every other day

3 posts | Original | Recent

A81dc4730cb8220fc98dcfc347f7c46ac372d489-1423683691_thumb
1 Post
Feb 16, 2015 9:34am
via Android

Hey y'all!!
My name is Laura & I'm kinda new here & I was curious, if it's enough to work out every other day at the gym? p.s I want to lose weight. (I work out with my program, which trainer made.) Ohh and lastly: what is better zumba or swimming for losing weight?
It would help me a lot. Thank you!

Image_thumb
195 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 9:45am
via Android

Hi Laura. Usually it's enough to hit the gym every 3-4 times a week. Make sure that you always add a nice cardio session at the end of your weight session. Cardio (if you don't go HIIT, which I wouldn't recommend for a beginner) should last longer than 30mins as this is the time your body starts burning fat.

And for the sports: as always it depends how hard you push it: either can be great for losing weight (although I didn't do Zumba yet).

Swimming is awesome but you have to do it in a really challenging manner - no plashing ;-)
Actually you can go sweaty when swimming! Moreover it nicely trains muscles all over your body you probably don't even know.

The Plus with Zumba is that there's someone else pushing you and you usually do it in groups, so the motivation may be easier.

Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 1:38pm
via Android

Swimming is probably the best option.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51