Protein shakes

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 17, 2015 8:06am
via Android

Does someone really need to take protein powder, and if they do what is the best kind to get. I have to be careful with powder that has wheat in it, to much of it makes me very sick.

17 Feb
I agree with Matthias I'm doing it on my own I'm not saying protein powders are cheating but in my eyes I see it like weightloss pills and steroids i dont mess with that rather work hard and eat right
17 Feb
Wow James really wow!
17 Feb
Yeah I was just wondering, I just eat clean and workout alot.
18 Feb
Having protein after your workout is important bc when you're working out its breaking down your muscles. When you drink protein it builds it back up. They have protein that helps you lean out instead of bulk up. You can also eat chicken or something that contains protein after your workout for the same effect if you don't want to buy a powder but either way it's the most effective to consume it less than 30 min after your workout. Hope this helps!
18 Feb
Can't you drink chocolate milk as well.
Image_thumb
201 Posts
Feb 17, 2015 8:29am
via Android

I like the chocolate Iso 100. Its very lean and taste really good. I don't think there is very much, if any wheat in it either. 

Image_thumb
195 Posts
Feb 17, 2015 8:30am
via Android

Me personally give it a big No. When you're a) not completely off track concerning nutrition and b) don't wanna start a professional bodybuilding career, you won't need to fill the purses of the numerous supplements sellers out there.

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 17, 2015 9:19am
via iOS
If you want protein, I recommend eating more meat and whole foods with protein rather than taking shakes. Shakes have more calories and sugar and the protein powder isn't natural anymore as its processed into only pure protein without any other nutrients that whole food has. If you still insists on taking protein shakes, I would recommend non whey protein first if you're starting out. You could use mass revolution mass gainer (any flavour), preferably post workout, and no worries , you won't puke if you drink it pre workout with this brand. I've never tried Shred Z, but I heard it's really good. Hope this helped :)
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Feb 17, 2015 11:45am
via Android

It's only needed if you're weight training and can't reach the amount of protein you need daily by food alone then you can supplement your needs by adding a protein shake. I use whey protein vanilla and casien protein from gnc

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Feb 17, 2015 11:56am
via Android

I take the Herbalife ones because it's fully natural and clean.

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 6:31pm
via Android

Drink...the...damn...shakes. Anybody that tells you otherwise has no idea what they are talking about. Drink your shakes around your already balanced diet to achieve desired protein intake (which is important for any goal). Don't use it as a primary source of nutrition, supplement your diet with them.

Adobephotoshopexpress_2013_12_04_19_48_56_thumb
57 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 8:45pm
via Android

I have gall bladder disease so I'm limited on the types of protein I can consume. Only protein shake I can stomach is Cellucor Whey. The peanut butter marshmallow is to die for and only 130 calories.

18 Feb
I used to use just a regular protein load, but I have recently started using Isagenix systems and what a change.
1493266_1627870177439895_3919777395385703346_n_thumb
1 Post
Feb 18, 2015 10:59pm
via Android

Hi

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51