How important is it to join a gym?

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
39 Posts
Feb 17, 2015 7:53pm
via Android

I do body weight training regularly 6 days a week, for about 40 minutes and also maintain a food journal to check my calorie intake. However, i am unable to loose belly and thigh fat.

Is it always necessary to sweat it out in gym using machines to loose fat from these trouble zones?

17 Feb
I don't wanna join gym..i feel it will make me dependent on machines to remain in shape..
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 17, 2015 8:05pm
via Android

My opinion is that to lose weight the most important thing is the food you eat. Workout is helping to not be flapy,I mean if you do muscle exercises it helps you to have a better body.. To be (sexy) xaxaxa. All with the help of diet. Sorry for my English, if you want tips for diet tell me!.

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 17, 2015 11:52pm
via Android

Very, depending on your goals. Your body is made to adapt to the stimuli you place on it during workouts. To keep you from hitting a plateau, the gym offers various stimuli to keep the body working.

Image_thumb
43 Posts
Feb 17, 2015 11:59pm
via iOS
it's very important to join a gym if you are looking to see results!
18 Feb
Jym maks u dependent and will only gives u results as long as u do it regularly the second u stop going to a jym weight and fats will grow up again with double speed and in less time
19 Feb
That is so not true just keep your diet in check and you won't gain fat that you've lost
Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 18, 2015 11:40am
via iOS
You don't have to use a gym.  However your weight loss will only go so far with just body weight..  Try using free weights (Dumbbells, wrist/ankle/chest weights, etc.),  or resistance bands.

Also It could be your diet.
Weight loss in general is based more on what your eating, even if your watching your calorie intake.
if it's not healthy it's not helping basically. Lol

Also it's not good for your muscles to be exercising everyday, you need rest days for the muscles to build/tone properly :)
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 11:53am
via Android

It depends on how determined you are to working out. If you are strongly determined you probably don't need the extra push. In this case I would say save the money that you would use for a membership and buy your own equipment. I use Craigslist and got a Total Gym for cheep. I say that it is all on how creative you can be with your workout. I hope this helps, God bless.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 11:53am
via Android

If you want to start building up larger muscles (hard to do after the novice phase of indoor body-weight training) you've gotta find weights and a pull-up bar. If you just need to lose more fat, keep the cardio long and intense and continue watching your diet.

No one's going to shoot you for a liitle extra belly/hip fat, though.

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 19, 2015 12:49am
via Android

It is not important to join a gym at all..some times it's a waste of money if you're not going consistently. I joined a gym only because my boyfriend was going but I go out of town and still have to pay the bill. The gym has better equipment for certain techniques and if you don't have equipment it's good to join...It depends on you..

Image_thumb
108 Posts
Feb 19, 2015 1:31am
via Android

Just eat super clean for the next two weeks without cheating and you ll be closer to your goal

Image_thumb
39 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 7:12pm
via Android

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on the subject.. I try to intensfy my workouts with weights and be clever with my diet..

Thanks for all the advises..

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51