Do you think this diet would help me lose 20 pounds?

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 20, 2015 3:44pm
via iOS
Hey there! I'm currently trying to lose about 20 pounds to get down to my goal weight of 90-95 pounds.
I've tried multiple different diets to try and lose weight, including the 2468 diet, and even not eating, which led to me being so hungry that I end up binging at the end of the day. So after multiple failed attempts with these diets, I've decided to try and create a new diet.
I got the idea from European girls. The majority of them are really thin, and that's because the portions in Europe and places like that are a lot smaller. So I decided to design a diet for myself based on this. I would still eat vegetables and fruit, but my main meals, like sandwiches, chicken, etc. I would portion it out. So if I had a peanut butter sandwich, I would make the whole sandwich, but then slice it in half, thirds, or even fourths. I would eat one of the pieces and save the rest for later on. Same thing goes for all of my other main meals. I would eat lots of veggies and fruit, and still drink lots of water. I also exercise regularly, in fact I'm on a stationary bike writing this right now. I do about 80-110 minutes of exercise AT LEAST 3 times a week.
So my question is, do you think this diet would help me lose weight?

Thanks!!
20 Feb
Everyone is different. I hate doing gym works but love being active. I am a single white male early 40s. I don't eat the healthiest diet but don't eat a lot of junk food. I need a work out partner worse than a diet or exercise. Someone that can give support. Hope this helped you
22 Feb
Get the myfitnesspal app, it'll help count calories, carb proteins and most of the main nutrients. It's goal oriented so if you want to hit a certain goal it tell you how many calories to eat. Another important thing to do I heard is eat like a queen for breakfast, then eat regular for lunch then eat like a peasant for dinner. Which means eat your biggest meal in the morning and then have smaller,n smaller meals throughout the day. It took me about 3 days to get used to it, but the first night that I really tried it,...
Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Feb 20, 2015 4:37pm
via Android

It could potentially help you lose weight. However take it slow and be patient. You should check out my profile and workouts, I think they can help you. Also buy a workout program that might help.

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 20, 2015 6:45pm
via Android

Okay, first off, with a starvation diet like 2468 it's no wonder you end up binge eating since your body doesn't even get enough calories to function. Second, cutting your food into tiny portions will probably do the same unless you keep track of calories and eat enough. Maybe you'll lose your 20 pounds, but do you seriously think that you can go for the rest of your life eating one quarter of a sandwich? Check out Scotty K's post "So you want to lose/gain weight" instead for a scientific take on it. DON'T become one of those jojo-dieters who lose and gain weight over and over by using methods that are impossible to maintain.

Image_thumb
1654 Posts
Feb 20, 2015 9:26pm
via iOS
You got a lot of responses about the 2468 diet, none of which were positive or recommending it. There is ZERO endorsements for that 'diet' and it's simply grown from online chat rooms. 
I myself commented on it and have scientific diet review evidence disputing it. But you went ahead anyway? Which is your decision, but as this is a fitness app I have to repeat that your 'diet' methods are extreme and unhealthy.
Apart from being on the border of anorexia you'll be doing your body damage from depriving it of nutrients. 
You'll be thin, yes maybe, but you'll be weak, your bones will be weakened and you may suffer side-effects in the future.
HEALTHY is the new SKINNY.
European sizes aren't small, they're only small if it's in a group of young women who believe starving yourself is beautiful. 
I urge you to check out proper fitness sites about diets for women, I strongly feel you are on a dangerous path.
20 Feb
Well f*cking amen to that!
10435989_10205591329691552_7228565638028980394_n_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 21, 2015 2:43pm
via Android

I have been dieting for all my life. It led me to being anorexic, unhealthy and very unhappy.
I was always busy losing or gaining weight and was never really experiencing the effect different food has on my body.
I can not stress enough how important it is to make a lifestyle change. Make sure you fuel your body in stead of starving it. Fuel it with whole foods. Fruits, vegetables, nuts and optionally dairy and fish and meat.
A diet is not sustainable, but a healthy lifestyle is. And ofcourse you can watch your calorie intake for a limited time within this healthy lifestyle if you want to shed some weight.
Please try to focus on WHAT you are putting into your body and what the effects are and try to focus less on quantities. I recognize some of myself in you and i would not want you to go down the path of eating disorders as well because it truly is a horrible thing, and there is nothing glamorous about it.

Good luck! You can always message me if you need any help

21 Feb
I hope she does message you as she hasn't responded to anyone else's comments and has just added ANOTHER topic about diets
Image_thumb
90 Posts
Feb 21, 2015 8:03pm
To measure a portion it's supposed to be the size of ur fist :)
22 Feb
Yeah for instance a portion of rice should be the size of your fist, not the whole meal.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 21, 2015 8:39pm
via iOS
I think smaller portions as well as small portioned snacks will help you. A few things I would add.... Try almond butter, it's better for you than peanut butter, add in some other healthy snacks like cashews, almonds, pecans (they are good roasted), homemade sweet potato chips or dried fruit is always good too! I use an oven or dehydrater. Good luck!
10947212_409277505899206_7608246225853763621_n_thumb
1 Post
Feb 21, 2015 9:35pm
via Android

On Netflix, I want you to watch the movie, "Hungry for Change". 

It's simple... Fitness is 80% diet, 20% exercise.  Eat clean; the stuff that's grown or killedBut also, studies have shown that 75 minute of exercise EACH WEEK will lead to great physical fitness.

So... Eat natural and exerciseYou'll look better and feel better too.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 23, 2015 5:16am
YeT would maybe work. I am borderline diabetic though. I need to get back into a routine that includes excercise. Winter is the hardest time for staying in a routine. I live in the Midwest.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 7:33am
via Android

Hey there :)

Never starve yourself. By doing so you're causing more damage and losing less that you would like.
By eating less you're eating away muscle tissue that you need.

Lossing weight should be a process that you should enjoy. One you should be proud of. One that will become a lifestyle instead of a quick fix. 70% is what you eat (not how much or how little), the other 30% is exercise (lifting, high interval cardio which is short but intense).

Good luck

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51