Question

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 2:38am
via Android

If I consume 1,300 calories and burn 1,000 calories a day, would that help in weight loss? I don't quite get the whole Calorie Deficit thing. Because I hear that's the key to weight lost.

22 Feb
Yes you will. Therefore everyday no matter what you do you will burn 1,200 calories, because your body is working. So you will end up burning about 2,200 calories, if you are burning a 1,000 calories already. And remember 3,600 calories equals to 1 pound of fat.
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 4:41am
via Android

Okay, thank you because I wasn't quite sure. Though, should I take in more calories a day due to the total number of calories that I'll burn?

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 4:48am
via Android

But if you are working out you'll burn more so eat more than 1300 but eat healthy

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 4:50am
via Android

Okay , thanks and how much more? so I'll know exactly for my calorie intake limit.

10435989_10205591329691552_7228565638028980394_n_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 5:47am
via Android

Most women burn around 2000kcal a day. This is your basic matabolism, which depends on your weight but is which probably lies around 1300kcal, and all the other activities we do in a day. Working out adds to your calories burned.
In order to loose weight your calorie intake must be less than your calories burned.
Most health organizations recommend a calorie deficit of 500kcal a day, which will make you loose about a pound per week.
You can ofcourse create a calorie deficit by decreasing your intake : eating less. Or increasing yout output: working out.
A bit of both works the best :)

22 Feb
I appreciate the new information. I'm starting to wrap my finger around it.
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 11:03am
via Android

Read Scotty K's topic about calorie intake from Wednesday - it clear and simple tells you what to do when you exactly want to know how much calories to consume. Would link it but I don't know how...

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 5:25pm
via iOS
WANT TO LOSE OR GAIN WEIGHT: READ THIS!!!

There you go, the greater your willpower & ability to avoid cravings determines how much you want to reduce your calories. I wouldn't go below a 30% deficit though as you're not fueling your body. The ratios are VERY important. If you don't have enough carbs & fats your body will literally refuse to lose weight. I know it sounds crazy, but eating too little does NOT help you lose weight, it just helps you mess up your immune system  
22 Feb
Hey! I've read your forum topic and it's very helpful. Thank you! I understand it waay better now. Though, my only question is when I drop it by 10% to loose weight.. Am I still able to start by new daily burn of 1,000 calories? Or would I decrease the percentage of 10%?
22 Feb
Personally I ignore any calories I've lost doing exercise each day. I work out my 'maintenance level' calories based on my current weight, and I drop them by 20% usually. having used this method for a while I can control what weight I wanna be quite comfortably now. When I want to lose weight faster I do more cardio, I never drop the calories any further coz I wanna remain strong and have the energy to workout. Does that help?
22 Feb
Yes, that does help. Thank you.
22 Feb
You're welcome, the fitness model look a lot of women aspire to is not achieved eating cabbage! A healthy mix of carbs/protein/fats is the only way to achieve your goals. If I can persuade one woman that on skimble I'll be a happy man
22 Feb
Yes. Now that, I do know. I just need to stick with that and my new calorie intake with daily exercise and all should be well (: Thanks again.
Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 9:44pm
via Android

Do not burn 1000 on 1300 that could have detrimental effects on your health.

22 Feb
That's not true. On that basis marathon runners would be dead?
22 Feb
My wife eats 1400 calories a day and burns 700+ a day & she's one of the healthiest and by far the fittest woman I know.
23 Feb
Scotty: if this was really true (and given that she does it over a long period), Erin would loose at least 2kgs per month...
23 Feb
Also: Marathon runners try to eat a lot when competing and they actually ARE losing a lot in race. And: marathon running is extremely challenging for your metabolism and not unanimously healthy
23 Feb
Hi Matthias. It is true, I have no reason to lie. We have high carb days though but that is a normal day for her, and believe me she easily burns 700+ calories a day. As for the marathon runners, yes i know they consume a significant amount of calories each day to compete, I was merely responding to a vague comment about not burning that many calories.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51