Extreme pain in lower abdomen

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 1:59pm
via iOS
Hey guys, I was doing a planks and mountain climbers longer than I usually do (finally moving up in the world) and randomly my lower abdomen started cramping like 10000 spoons were stabbing me right there, I have never had intense cramping like that before, it actually made me pause for a bit, it went away after about a minute, anyone else have this problem or know what it is? Thank you
24 Feb
I'd say that you pushed yourself! As long as it's not a hernia, keep pushing yourself like that results will follow!
24 Feb
Thank you Clint! I definitely will!
25 Feb
U probably done to much ab work mine were hurting too a couple of days ago. Stretching is good & afterwards too :-)
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 2:09pm
via iOS
It could have been a few things:
- you could've pushed your abs to fatigue & they cramped up 
- you were dehydrated
- something you ate
The fact it went away means it's nothing to worry about. I always push my abs to cramping up. 
24 Feb
Scott knows his stuff.
24 Feb
Thank you Scott! Haha good to know, it was a weird sensation
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 6:52pm
via iOS
Thanks for the compliment Willem.

This post actually reminded me of a workout video I watched a few weeks ago which I found funny.

The guy was doing leg press exercises and said after the first round "I'm cramping up a little... Maybe it's dehydration, maybe the creatine or a chemical imbalance... "

After the 3rd set he was sat there exhausted & said "Nope, it's nothing like that. I'm just old and f***ed !!" 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51