Help with trimming

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 26, 2015 12:20am
via iOS
I naturally have muscular thighs but I am trying to trim them down but no matter what I do it feels like they get bigger.
26 Feb
We have a common goal, but the only difference is that you have muscular thighs, while I have fat thighs.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 26, 2015 1:22am
via iOS
I want the gap and it seems far from reachable I have my wedding and honeymoon in June so I'm getting worried
Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Feb 26, 2015 1:30am
via iOS
This may or may not be helpful to you, but I did some online research on the topic and this is what I found.  On the website (I'll put the link at the bottom in case you are interested), it said, " Try doing 5 days per week of cardiovascular exercise. Your exercise routine should include 30 to 45 minutes of aerobic exercise (moderate intensity) and interval training, which you can do on alternate days. HIIT (high intensity interval training) is incredibly effective at getting rid stubborn fat. If you can, add some circuit training into the mix. This will strip the fat off your legs and develop shapely muscle for fantastic definition. If you feel you have overly muscular legs, avoid interval training and stick to long duration cardio instead. This will strip fat and even decrease the size of your leg muscle a little (read more about slim down leg muscle here) to develop leaner, smaller legs. However, most women need to increase leg muscle to increase the shape and firmness of the thighs and get rid of cellulite. Generally only mesomorphic women have no need to increase leg muscle, as they tend to already have muscular legs and any increase may cause bulky leg muscles.
The website has much more helpful stuff similar to what you're stressing about.  I hope this helps!!
xx-rachael

26 Feb
Yes thank you very much
26 Feb
You're very welcome!! :)
Image_thumb
86 Posts
Feb 26, 2015 2:18am
via Android

using HIIT is an awesome way! you need to lose overall fat! so hiit is just high intensity cardio that keeps burning and making your body work long after you finish!
(search bodyrock on youtube, they have a HIIT program for free)

another really good way to tone up those thighs is by using ankle weights! keep the weight light and have more reps so you get the lean look rather than bulking up!

hope this helped!

26 Feb
Yes thank you all I def. do not want to bulk up
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 26, 2015 6:58am
via Android

Why do you need a thigh gap for your wedding? o.O

26 Feb
I don't need it I want it
26 Feb
Yeah well, same same, you feel you need it. But okay, you can't spot target fat burn. The only way to lose fat from your thighs is to lose fat all over, and the only way to do this is through keeping a proper diet. Diet is 80%, working out is 20%, this can't be repeated enough. As for achieving a thigh gap at all, if your body type isn't ectomorph (skinny) it's close to impossible and if you achieve it, it simply won't look good. Look for Scotty K's post about body types, "morphs", in the forum, it explains...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51