Trying to lose 25 pounds

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 26, 2015 7:44pm
via iOS
So this year I was on medication that made me hungry, tired, and lazy. I gained 20 pounds and I'm now 167. I have my fitness pal and I'm eating 1,400 calories a day and burning 500 through walking/running. What else should I be doing since I eat every three hours and I'm trying to cut out all sugary drinks especially juice. Any tips for weightloss/ motivation? I want to lose 25 pounds in 3 months.
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 26, 2015 7:52pm
via iOS
My biggest suggestion is stay patient and don't rush it. 

For the longest time I got to work with a nutritionist.  Drink 80-100 oz of water a day.  In the beginning you will need to pee a lot, but over time you will get used to it.  Eat every three hours ( meal, snack, meal snack, meal, snack).  Always eat the right proportion sizes.   Also don't forget to mix weights with running.   

Is there's any particular trouble areas?  Lack cardio endurance? Don't like certain body parts? Etc. 

6 days of hard work 1 day of rest.  Don't over do it either or you will accomplish nothing. 
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 26, 2015 8:05pm
via iOS
Thank you for taking the time to reply :) I will definitely bump up the water intake. Right now it's a lack of cardio endurance, elliptical for example, and the trouble areas like my stomach and legs.
26 Feb
Send me a PM with some things you want to work on.
1962783_10101465525497107_263294999_n_thumb
1 Post
Feb 26, 2015 8:16pm
via Android

Try Mandy Ingber 's DVD Yogalosophy! It is an amazing workout but you are done in 30 min and see results immediately.

I also had the hardest time running until I downloaded the app Couch to 5K.

And stay patient! Oh...and throw away the scale!

26 Feb
Good luck
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 26, 2015 8:40pm
via iOS
Thank you
Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Feb 26, 2015 9:56pm

First of all congratulations on deciding to change. That is a HUGE obstacle and overcoming shouldn't be overlooked. 25 pounds in 3 months is a very ambitious goal. I won't say you can't do it because that's really up to you. Setting goals is a great way to track progress and measure your achievements. Perhaps you might consider setting your weight goal separate from your time goal, or conversely set your 3 month goal and promise yourself that you're going to work your butt off during those three months to do the best you can. I have found from my own experience that when I combine weight and time goals I ususally end up discouraged and disappointed. Just a thought.

Since you're using MFP you can track your macronutrients (protein, fats, carbohydrates). To maximize fat loss, you want to decrease your carbs and increase your fats. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but if you have your protein set correctly (at least 40%) then this will work for you.

If you're interested in losing weight, then it's simple: burn more calories than you consume. If you're not working your muscles then your body will break down muscle before fat. This will produce the desired effect of losing weight, but size and shape suffer.

If you're interested in losing fat, then you have to be MORE strict with your diet and you have to work hard on keeping your muscles while your body harvests energy from itself. This option takes longer, but the results are that you are stronger, leaner, and have less fat overall so you'll probably like the way you look more.

Both of these options produce weight loss. The first one will happen faster than the second but the overall results may not be what you're after. Both options require plenty of water as was mentioned before. DRINK LOTS OF WATER! As a rule I try not to drink any calories. Both options also require lots of hard work and consistency.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51