Carbohydrate Replacement

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 27, 2015 4:18am
via iOS
I track my intake every day and I'm finding that half of my diet is carbohydrates and the rest is fats and protein 25/25. I really want to lower the amount of carbs I take in. Every meal I tend to have some type of carb: bread, pasta, etc. does anyone know quick fixes? Easy replacements that might boost protein intake?
27 Feb
Some great replacements for carbs are brown rice, sweet potatoes, and oatmeal!! I love sweet potatoes cut up and baked with Olive oil and garlic! Just some suggestions I'm a carb fanatic so I know the feeling!
27 Feb
That's really helpful Paige! Any other suggestions? I'd love to hear them!
27 Feb
There are still carbs in sweet potatoes oatmeal and brown rice! But they are the "good" carbs eat in 52 % carbs 32 % protein 12-15% healthy fats unless you are carb cycling that's a whole different story and very effective in weight loss
27 Feb
U can buy carb free foods like pasta, bread , wraps online or in us in the supermarket. Can get them in uk only online like amazon or ebay :-)
27 Feb
No, don't buy the "carb free" alternatives to carb rich food! There is no such thing. If pasta is made from wheat it's carbs, no matter what the package says. I've read so many tests where the conclusion has been that the companies just rip off people. If you make stuff yourself you're a hundred percent sure of what goes into it.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 27, 2015 5:08am
via iOS
Yes! I love food lol so I have to kind of make healthy food good...with the brown rice I usually do grilled teriaky chicken with peas and carrots because it's so gross plain hahaha and I also like quinoa the same way too! 

I bake all my vegetables in the oven with olive oil and garlic powder (or Greek seasoning) my favorites to bake are kale, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts! Broccoli is really good too because it has negative calories and it's gets your system flowing! If you're trying to cut back on carbs try to make your lunch time meal with carbs, whether it's a wrap sandwich or wheat toast, the middle of the day is the best time to do it!  I pack my breakfasts with fruit, my lunch is my carb time, and all veggies for dinner! 
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 27, 2015 6:45am
via Android

Slower carbs like brown rice, bulgur, quinoa and wholegrain products can replace pasta, rice etc. To cut down even more, replace side dishes like pasta or rice with vegetables. Cooked, fried or oven-baked. I make a mash out of cauliflower and broccoli instead of mashed potatoes for example, it's reeeally good. The hardest for me to stay away from is bread, but I choose wholegrain bread or make my own low carb bread. There are loads of easy recipes online. Mine are made from just eggs, sesame seeds and grated cheese.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Feb 27, 2015 7:55am
via Android

There really isn't a replacement for carbs. That's like saying is there a replacement for protein. No there isnt. But like mentioned already you can eat better carbs which are referred as complex carbs. Eg sweet potato, quinoa,  other non starch veggies. I do a little carb cycling. On days I workout I eat more carbs, on days I do not workout I limit carbs to only 10%. I use an app called sparkpeople to log all my food. Today I only ate 150 g of carbs, which is really good. Maybe this is something you can try so you don't have to go crazy not eating carbs at all.

27 Feb
Wow, 10%! I don't think I've ever been able to go that low no matter how hard I try. I usually end up on 20% or so. How much do you eat on the days you work out?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51