Results?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 12:38am
via Android

When should you expect to start seeing results after you start doing abs regularly?

07 Mar
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 1:09am
via Android

Say if you eat clean regularly and really give your abs hell. A year.

07 Mar
Sigh. I wish it was months. Like 4 or 5 lol
07 Mar
Thank you!
07 Mar
U want a 6 pack for summer I'm asumming. It's poasiible. Idk what your body fat % is but if your close to 15%, 5 months is doable. Heavy squats and deadlifts will work your core harder than any crunch.
07 Mar
Not even a six pack I just want it be visibly flatter and toner. Thanks I'll try that!
07 Mar
Hey man 15% for women is pretty ripped and any low than that you're talking essential fat what she wants can be achieved at 20% bodyfat, women need more fat to be alive
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 1:21am
via iOS
If you're only doing ab exercises, it'll probably take a pretty long time.  
07 Mar
Any suggestions on other things or exercises or foods that would help?
Image_thumb
459 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 2:00am
via Android

I'll chime in here when I get a moment to sit down and say something coherent.

In the meantime my *JackD* The Cheese Grater workout is pretty good I must say. (I promise that is not whorish self promotion )

07 Mar
You're fine lol and thank you! I just liked it. I'm either going to start doing exercises tonight or tomorrow. I've just been trying to get a feel for the site, get info, and find workouts that I may like.
Image_thumb
459 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 2:25am
via Android

Hang on to your hat lady...I'm going to give you the secret to abs...NUTRITION.  lol.
You'll hear it 1,624 times, the key to abs is 80% diet 20% exercise. So what to eat? Me personally I try to have lots of protein with every meal. I drink tons of water (almost 1 gallon a day). My "sweets" are mainly fruits ( don't deny yourself chocolate. I will NOT be responsible for that wrath).  Also lots of fiber. Pooping is good for your abs (gross but true). Also stick to whole grains and cut down your carb portions. That's the basics, as you research and get further into your journey you'll find different things that work best for you. Exercise will help to keep you toned and firm, and allow you to see the benefits of your healthier decisions.  Good luck :) have fun!

Also, this chick here doesn't mess around! : Your Abs Will Cry

09 Mar
Lol!! Thank you DJ!! I hope I can stick with it. I've lost a lot of weight and still trying to lose some and tone up. Thanks for your help and encouragement !
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 6:12am
via iOS
Unfortunately, you cannot spot reduce, your body decides where fat comes off.  And it's pretty efficient at balancing the amount of fat loss from your whole body, therefore to get abs you need to reduce overall fat.  High intensity interval training is good because it burns fat.  Also, exercises that require your largest muscle groups, and multiple muscle groups are optimal.  Exercises like dumbell squats into a bicep curl and overhead press, or burpees that patterned as follows: squat to the ground, kick legs back, push-up, dumbell row right, push-up, dumbell row left, push-up, legs in stand.  See how many of those you can do in 10 minutes!
09 Mar
Thank you!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51